Alion is in search of an experienced IT Configuration Manager to assist the Navy Continuous Training Environment (NCTE) Configuration Management team by providing IT configuration management for the enterprise. The IT configuration manager will be responsible for managing configuration items within the Enterprise Services Division area of responsibility and will work closely with the NCTE Configuration Management team to ensure all changes to IT configuration items are properly authorized, implemented, and tracked. This position requires regular interface with senior management, design engineers, customer stakeholders, implementation team members, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Experience with planning, installation, configuration, and management of a hardware and software including creating documentation and ensuring compliance with security standards.
- Experience with development of IT Policies, Procedures, and SOPs
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Windows 7/10; Server 2008 R2, 2012, and 2016 preferred
- Solid understanding and experience with network and system security principles and techniques
- Experience with development and submission of Bill of Materials
- Ability to verify/maintain accurate configuration/inventory of the components. Also will be responsible for asset management of hardware inventory (including maintenance); software licenses (which software is loaded on which hardware and expirations); images (which images are on which hardware/systems). Additionally, candidate will ensure that asset/configuration management identifies the patches, GPOs, and configuration settings of each component.
- Attention to detail in order to maintain up-to-date documentation on hardware, software, images, and configurations of hardware. Must be able to quickly provide latest versions to respond to data calls.
- Ability to manage schedule projects administrators/engineers use of the R&D lab and record information on data center calendar
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to clearly communicate both in writing and verbally with leadership, Project Managers, Engineers, Administrators, and Cyber Team
- Understanding and experience with current Navy compliance, standards and practices
- Ensuring all configuration management documentation is updated and reflects the current as-built infrastructure
- Writing detailed policy documents and standard operating procedures (SOP)
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or related discipline, or equivalent education and experience.
- 2-4 years of experience in IT/configuration management
- Experience working with Remedy ITSM or equivalent ITSM software
- ITIL or CMMI certification preferred
- Experience working with enterprise level networks
- Experience with Windows Servers 2008R2/2012/2016, Windows desktop operating systems (WIN7 & WIN10 SHB)
- Experience tracking DoD hardware/software
- Familiarity with VDI technologies and protocols a plus
- Strong understanding of network and IT principles
- Ability to read and digest technical information
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong customer focus, including the ability to manage customer needs and multiple work priorities
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Manage stakeholders expectations
Must be a US Citizen able to obtain a US Secret security clearance.
We are an EOE that values our employee’s talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength.
Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information.
U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.