Galata Chemicals is a specialty chemical company manufacturing and marketing additives
primarily used in PVC applications around the world. The business has been established for over 40
years with manufacturing and sales globally and became an independent Private Equity owned
company in May of 2010. The Taft, LA, site is the hub for manufacturing, logistics, customer care,
and technology in the Americas, and will also play a key role in the growth strategy of the company.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Production Engineer will provide chemical engineering
production support at our Taft manufacturing site, located near New Orleans, Louisiana. This
position has the potential with the appropriate skillset and performance for growth and development
to fast-track into a Production Management position.
- Develop and implement process improvements, resolve operating issues, develop corrective
- Provide technical support to optimize and improve operations by maximizing production rates,
improving on-stream factors and utilizations, reducing cycle times, utilities and other costs,
maximize yields, debottlenecking processes and improving product quality.
- Provide technical support to operations areas, assisting with troubleshooting of various complex
problems, new product and raw material introductions.
- Lead and participate in incident investigations, management of change (MOC) and Process
Hazard Analysis (PHA)
- Measure, track & improve key operating parameters and metrics such as cycle times, yields,
utility usages, etc.
- Develop and use project management skills on small projects
- BS in Chemical Engineering with 5+ years experience in chemical manufacturing
- Experience with batch and continuous chemical plant processes and equipment including
reactors, heat exchangers, piping, pumps and pumping systems, boilers, cooling systems and
technical drawing interpretations.
- Strong knowledge of process technology and equipment, process modeling and statistical
process control, basic engineering principles and regulatory compliance
- Able to develop creative solutions to operations problems and lead and work effectively in a
team environment with operators, mechanics, and other support personnel
- Prior experience with MOC and PHA processes
- Working knowledge of batch and continuous chemical process operations
- Strong leadership, organization and planning skills
Employment and compensation
- Galata Chemicals is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive compensation
package including health benefits and 401K plan.
- e-mail resumes to: email@example.com