Teekay Atlantic Chartering
5 Springdale Street
St. John’s, NL
Position: Oiler – Available 4 Positions
Location: Offshore NL
Wage: $70,000 - $90,000
We are currently accepting resumes for the below position working in offshore Newfoundland onboard the Navion Anglia. This a contract position for 6 months with a rotating schedule of 35 day on/off rotation 12-hour workday.
The Oiler performs routine maintenance, lubrication, inspections, and minor repairs on the engine room equipment and machinery as directed and instructed by the Chief Engineer.
Mandatory Qualifications and Experience
- Engine Room Rating (COC)
- Basic Oil Taker Endorsement
- Knowledge and experience in the offshore industry with at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Valid Unrestricted Marine Medical
- Valid Marine Emergency Duties Proficiencies
- Ship Personnel with Designated Security Duties certificate
- Valid Passport
- Able to perform routine maintenance and minor repairs on the engine room equipment and machinery
- Knowledge of lubricating oil level readings and ability for topping up as required
- Knowledge engine room systems
- Able to maintain an accurate inventory of lube oil and mechanical consumables on board
- Knowledge of fuel and oil transfers
- Taking part in emergency and occupational onboard training such as, the use of self-contained breathing apparatus, firefighting, and man overboard exercises.
- Demonstrate safety awareness
2-3 years’ experience on a shuttle tanker as an Oiler is a requirement.
Only those persons considered for an interview will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please.
Job Type: Temporary
- Oiler: 2 years (Required)
- STCW Watchkeeping Engine Certificate (Required)
- Marine Emergency Duties Certificate (Required)
- Ship Personnel with Designated Security Duties certificate (Required)
- Unrestricted Marine Medical (Required)
- Passport (Required)