Meet our professionals
An employer of choice
CGI is looking to identify a quality engineering specialist to work from our nearshore location in Lafayette, LA to support our client's applications.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Drive automation pyramid and integrate with CI/CD tools for continuous validation.
- Drive the mentality of quality being owned by the entire team.
- Understands when to automate and when not to.
- Can identify code smells and work with scrum team to address quality issues in product code.
- Passion for finding bottlenecks and thresholds in existing code through the use of automation tools.
- Passion for continuing education and improving code quality.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Hands on experience on developing Test automation frameworks
- Demonstrated experience in implementing or expanding frameworks such as Selenium Cucumber, TestNG, JUnit, Rest Assured, JBehave or similar
- Hands on experience on test script development using JAVA or Ruby and automation on multiple platforms.
- Good understanding and usage of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Strong Linux skill set with exposure to Ansible, Docker & Openshift
- Hands on experience in Jenkins & setting up pipelines
- Experience scaling and expanding existing automation frameworks built for Web Applications, Middleware and Backend, Desktop and Mainframe applications.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to perform root cause analysis of complex issues
- Ability to quickly grasp new technologies and tools.
- Demonstrated experience in tools such as FitNesse, Selenium WebDriver, HP UFT, Gitlab, DevTest, ReadyAPI, Jenkins, Gatling, TestComplete or similar open source tools
- Demonstrated experience in database technologies such as MSSQL, Oracle, MongoDB or similar.
- Building testing environments on demand through cloud technologies desired
- 5+ years of experience in at least one programming language like Java EE, .NET, Ruby
- Good understanding of automation and development techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
o Knowledge of OS and Database engine internals are a plus.
o Knowledge of Mainframe applications is a plus
o Knowledge of Agile methodology is a plus
o Expertise with DevOps and Test Automation
o Innate ability to leverage data to drive decisions
o Strong verbal and written communication skills.
o Bachelors or Master's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.