Careers That Change Lives
This position has the responsibility and authority to under limited supervision, incumbent applies engineering principles to provide engineering support for released product engineering. Including optimization of design, existing product modifications, and/or process design, development and optimization and performance evaluation. Responsibilities include fabrication, testing and documentation of products and processes. Provides assistance to project teams by developing test protocols, technical methods, test reports and resourcing subcontractor contacts. Coordinates and plans testing and documentation requirements. Provides engineering and technical support to other functional areas of the company as required. Lead small scale projects, design failure root cause investigations, CAPA’s, and documentation activities.
The Restorative Therapies Group develops life-restoring therapies and healthcare solutions that span the care continuum; integrating technologies and applying clinical and economic evidence to increase patient access, improve efficiency of procedures and deliver successful patient outcomes.
BRAIN THERAPIES offers an integrated portfolio of devices and therapies for the treatment of neurological disorders and diseases, as well as surgical technologies designed to improve the precision and workflow of neuro procedures.
Cerebral Spinal Fluid (CSF) Management business located at the new Brain Therapies headquarters in Irvine, CA focuses on the hydrocephalus management therapies and critical care technologies
A Day in the Life
- Provides engineering support for the design of products, processes, tooling and/or equipment. Develops and tests prototypes from design specifications, defines processes to properly make and assemble the product and optimizes process.
Documentation and Systems:
- Determines realistic start and finish dates for action items imperative to project completion on project schedule and submits to project team leader. Updates project schedule as required. Provides project leader with a broad overview of potentially conflicting resource needs, availability or limitations, in order to minimize schedule deviations. May be asked to lead small scale projects, CAPA’s, documentation activities, etc.
- Under limited supervision, develops product and process verification and validation, technical justifications, test protocols, and reports in compliance with design control requirements.
- Determines appropriate analytical method; analyzes technical data and trends of moderate complexity and reports information about products and processes to appropriate employees, as assigned.
Presentation and Training:
- Identifies areas for improvement of manufacturing and lab tooling and technical processes in all project phases and recommends and implements changes. Provides production line support when required.
- Provides technical training for employees. Provides process and systems training to other functional areas as necessary. Resources and identifies process, equipment and lab service subcontractors. Contacts subcontractors to research capabilities in meeting solutions. Provides recommendations to project leader for disposition.
- Identifies safety issues in the immediate work environment and other work areas and recommends solutions for improvement.
- Reviews appropriate technical literature for necessary background on specific assignments.
- All activities must be performed in compliance with the Quality System.
- Performs duties in compliance with environmental, health and safety related site rules, policies or governmental regulations.
- All other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required.
Nice to Have
- Medical device field preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to solve a variety of engineering problems
- Organizes work in a way that ensures efficiency
- Utilizes verbal and written communication skills successfully to develop and present technical information necessary for the company
- Attention to details and analysis
- Demonstrated advanced team leadership skills
- Very good excellent interpersonal skills to interface on project teams as an effective team member
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate complex activities
- Familiarity with Quality System requirements, including FDA GMPs, and ISO 9000 and documentation procedures
- Interfaces with team using interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of computers software programs including work processing, spreadsheet; statistical program/s preferred
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)