Qualified applicant must have a good working knowledge of steam and hot water boilers, burners (gas, oil & combination), associated controls and electrical circuits, combustion, and associated system piping. Must be able to troubleshoot and perform start-up and combustion tests with various manufacturers' equipment principally (Hurst, Babcock-Wilcox, Weil-McLain, Aerco, Riello, Weishaupt, etc.) as well as other manufactures and types. Experience with linkageless combustion systems would be an asset (Siemens LMV, Autoflame, Honeywell ControLinks, etc.).
A full position description will be provided to qualified applicants upon receipt of their resume, but an applicant having the experience we seek will already be familiar with most of the job functions.
This position offers excellent compensation (based on the experience of the applicant), possible relocation allowance, excellent benefits, (401K, paid vacation, paid holidays, health & dental insurance, etc.)
This is a permanent, full-time, challenging and rewarding position offering the opportunity to be part of an exciting and successful, growth-oriented organization.
Senior Service Boiler Technician Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with engineers, contractors and end users in a professional manner.
- Commissioning and tuning of complete boiler room equipment.
- Mostly combustion and commissioning work
- Refractory and pipe-fitting experience is a plus.
- Project management of boiler and burner retrofits
- Work in the field approximately 90% of the time.
- Primary geography is State of Oregon and Southwest Washington and also includes occasional overnight travel.
Senior Service Boiler Technician Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum experience of 5 years with burner tuning and commissioning experience.
- Must be able to communicate efficiently and effectively with customers and team members. Must have good communication skills, with written and verbally, with the ability and willingness to work in and foster a team atmosphere.
- Must have good knowledge in applying the customer’s parameters to the criteria of our various products including boilers, burners, boiler accessories and flue stacks.
- Associates degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred, with allowance for practical field experience. Additional technical training and factory certificates a plus.
- Must have strong language skills as well as industry specific vocabulary.
- Must be well versed in the processes of sales, customer visits, specifications and sales marketing.
- Must have strong computer skills.
- Familiarity with welding, pipe fabrication, assembly, construction a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through, and customer service skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $33.00 - $50.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- If you don't have an Oregon State Class 3 boiler license, are you able to apply for one based on your work experience?
- Oregon State Class 3 boiler license (Preferred)