Let’s get your career started! We are looking for someone with a comprehensive knowledge of civil, chemical/process, and/or environmental engineering to the completion of challenging assignments. Projects will include civil, process, and/or environmental components and will be completed in accordance with Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), underground storage tank (UST), Clean Water Act (CWA) and other appropriate state and federal regulations. You will perform project tasks involving site investigation, evaluation of remedial technologies, engineering design, and remediation operations on civil and environmental projects as well as field assessment and field remediation activities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services—delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs. With over 20,000 employees, more than 400 offices worldwide, Tetra Tech strives to improve the quality of life through innovative, sustainable solutions that help our clients reach their goals for water, environment, energy, infrastructure, and resource management projects. Our commitment to safety is ingrained in our culture and at the forefront of every project. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Perform project tasks in the public and private sector. Participate in functions involving contact with client representatives. Work/coordinate with project team personnel. Perform technical functions on projects and possibly direct the technical efforts on environmental, engineering, and construction projects.
- Prepare engineering reports, feasibility studies, construction specifications, engineering cost estimates, and direct the preparation of construction drawings for various types of projects, including groundwater and soil remediation.
- Prepare erosion and sediment control plans, implement environmental site design.
- Prepare and review engineering documents such as Remedial Action Plans (RAPs), Feasibility Studies (FSs), and Corrective Measures Studies (CMSs).
- Prepare proposals, subcontract specifications, and work plans.
- May provide technical direction and guidance to CADD and GIS operators, designers, technicians and field personnel.
- Complete data evaluation and remedy selection for UST, CERCLA and RCRA sites.
- Conduct the hydrologic- and hydraulic-related analysis for the water resource aspects of environmental studies and engineering designs utilizing software such as HEC RAS, HEC HMS, WASP, TR-20, and TR-55.
The position is primarily office based, with the exception of:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) or Master’s Degree (M.S.) in Civil/Environmental/Chemical Engineering or a related area.
- Direct experience with engineering design and designing/conducting environmental remediation are desirable.
- Travel to client sites and perform groundwater and soil sampling, groundwater/soil remediation oversight, and other field tasks. Approximately 20% travel is anticipated for this position.
- Potential to participate in technical and sales presentations to clients.
As part of the Tetra Tech family of companies, we are home to some of the best minds in the country, including nationally renowned subject matter experts. Whether we are contemplating the restoration of our environment or helping to revitalize our urban centers, we are thinking of clear sustainable solutions to resource management and infrastructure challenges. In fact, it’s much more than what can be done today; it’s what we’ll be able to do tomorrow. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our team. We are an equal opportunity employer.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies