As an architectural millwork engineer you’ll complete shop drawings accurately, on a timely basis and in compliance with the quality standards of The Washington Woodworking Company. The job function also includes taking your approved shop drawings and creating code through Cut Rite or Router-CIM for the manufacturing machinery.
Essential Job Functions:
- Accountable for the completeness, accuracy, and readability of all drawings assigned by the department manager or VP of Production utilizing AutoCAD, Microvellum, or WoodCad/Cam and other software.
- Produce submittal ready shop drawings which satisfy the project requirements, the company’s needs / standards, & AWI grade requirements using AutoCAD software
- Proficient in the ability to interpret design documents. This includes both architectural and interior design drawings and specifications
- Review, analyze and coordinate documents of related trades. This including kitchen equipment, structural, lighting, passage door frame and hardware, owner equipment
- Interpret estimating documents as compared to design and note discrepancies to director
- Understand The Washington Woodworking’s fabrication methods, and depict those methods on the shop drawings
- Uphold the drafting standards of the department
Secondary Job Functions:
- Responsible for creating code for the CNC and other manufacturing machinery.
- Responsible for maintaining integrity of shop drawings files
- Participation in design meetings
- Use of Revit software for BIM coordination as projects dictates
- Coordinate the efforts of either in-house and/or outsource drafting vendors as the department director requires
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- AutoCAD: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance