Building Envelope Consultants and Scientists (BECS) is looking for Enclosure Consultants and Restoration Engineers to join our growing team. With offices in D.C., Baltimore, Northern Virginia, Pittsburgh PA, and Raleigh, we are looking for experienced Project Managers to join our growing team at our DC/Maryland and Chantilly, Virginia Office.
These positions will be involved in building envelope investigations and testing, the design of building enclosure repairs, bidding support, and subsequent construction quality control observations, as well as, peer review of building envelope designs, and commissioning. We need qualified candidates that can bring strategic approaches to solving our clienteles problems.
Essential Job Functions
The ideal candidate will have at least 7 years in building enclosure experience with a solid background in facades, roofing & waterproofing, fenestrations, forensic testing, and most of all, a client-centric attitude. We are looking for performance history in investigations & condition assessments, analyzing findings and the ability to articulate conditions and resolutions to our clients. Candidate must be able to develop sustainable, repair details & specifications and multitask among several projects in various stages of the construction process.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Architectural Engineering, OR Architecture.
- Professional Engineers and/or certification as a Registered Roof Waterproofing Consultant preferred. Candidates pursuing professional licensing are encouraged to apply Consultant or Registered
- Confidence with heights including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and rope access.
- Strong and effective communication skills, written and verbal.
Desirable: Safety training, OSHA-10, Ropes, Swing Stage, ManLift User
BECS strives to deliver the best possible service to our clients and to do that, we must hire the best possible employees as they are the backbone of our company. We strongly value integrity, strong work ethic, and willingness to step outside of personal comfort to learn and grow personally and professionally. We have fun. We have work/life balance and that is the reason we have a 95% employee retention rate: we care.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits packages including:
- · 100% Company-sponsored health, dental, and coverage
- · 401(k) Retirement incentive with employer match
- · Paid personal and sick leave
- · Reimbursement for mileage, mobile phone
- · Quality Field Equipment and Support
- · Professional Learning, Growth and Development Plans
BECS is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)