Company Description: Asturian Group, Inc. (“Asturian”) is a General Contractor supporting unique and specialized construction requirements and we want you to join our team. If you are a dedicated construction professional with an intense desire for growth and opportunity, Asturian wants to be your career destination. We need individuals with an entrepreneurial and technology mindset and understand the future of construction is rapidly evolving through new tools and electronic platforms. Asturian is dedicated to enhancing our employee development, while also delivering superior service to our clients. Our Superintendents are our project site caretakers and a key component to the project success. We understand the value of a professional Superintendent and the need to provide them with the tools and leadership necessary delivering the highest level of excellence on every project they are assigned.
Position Description: Asturian is seeking a Project Superintendent who will be responsible for the daily coordination and direction of the project so that it is safe, within budget, on schedule, meets the company's quality standards, and meets the customer's satisfaction. This position will report to their assigned Project Manager. The right candidate for this position must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as have effective communication and client service skills.
Office Assignment: The Superintendent will be assigned to the Austrian office located in Portsmouth, NH.
Geographical Region: The successful candidate will support construction projects primarily at the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard but may include outlying projects in the geographical region.
Position Duties: Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support and maintain a site-specific safety plan for each project assigned.
- Supervise construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design.
- Thoroughly understand owner requirements, contract plans, contract specifications, and submittals
- Work with project team to set project goals.
- Manage the project quality efforts, ensure that all work required by the corporate quality plan is complete and accurate.
- Manage project to meet budget and schedule requirements.
- Assist project manager in developing monthly cost to complete.
- Identify changes in the field, authorize field change requests, provide all documentation required to ensure compensation for all work performed.
- Supervise all scheduling efforts.
- Manage the project to meet schedule requirements including tracking progress against important dates, periodic communication of schedule requirements, and weekly subcontractor meetings.
Position Minimum Qualifications: Superintendent/QC/SSHO
- Must possess a minimum of 3-5 years demonstrated practical field experience as tradesmen, foreman, field engineer, or superintendent.
- Demonstrated knowledge to comprehend plans & specifications.
- Studies in engineering, construction management, architecture, or relevant program preferred, but not a condition of employment.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office computer applications.
- Must be able to acquire security clearance (for applicable project requirements) as a condition of employment.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Salary based upon experience
- Vacation/Sick Leave
- Company Truck or Allowance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Continuing Education/Training
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Trade Membership(s)
Specific compensation & benefit details will be discussed during interviews.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Asturian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction: 3 years (Required)