Software Development Engineer
Dometic Marine, Vancouver, BC
What we offer
We are currently seeking Software Development Engineers to develop embedded software for marine electronics and control products at our Vancouver (Richmond) facility.
Reports to: Direct reports:
Lead Software Engineer No
Design engineers, product and project OEM and aftermarket customers. managers in cross functional teams. Semiconductor and software suppliers.
Dometic is looking to hire talented individuals for unique and exciting opportunities in the marine market. Successful applicants will be working within a fast-paced development environment, spearheading the creation of new platforms for expanding business growth. You will be part of a growing team of mechanical, electrical, mechatronics, software and test engineers that comprise the center of excellence for our global marine organization.
Team members will be working to solve a variety of technical challenges to develop novel technologies and pave the road towards successful product launches. Will that person be you? If you are yearning for a stable career, to meet a group of like-minded coworkers and you want your contributions to matter, please continue reading and apply today. We look forward to meeting you!
Who are we?
Dometic Vancouver is part of a global network of facilities that all have one goal in mind: “Mobile Living, Made Easy”. Dometic Vancouver has been the world leader and multiple awards recipient in the design and manufacture space of marine steering and controls for over 45 years. In addition, we’ve also specialized in diesel fired auxiliary heaters for trucks and buses over the past 30 years. We have over 550 employees including
60+ engineers who develop world-class products and manufacturing systems.
As a software development engineer at a growing, face-paced team, you will be working in cross functional teams to develop firmware and connectivity software for electronic and mechatronic products that lead the marine industry. You will be involved in the complete software development cycle from concept to production. You will help to design safe, reliable, and innovative products such as steer by wire systems, or vessel control systems that can make boating easier and safer for boaters around the world.
- Participate in full embedded software development life cycle: from requirement analysis, design, implementation, validation, documentation, deployment, and ongoing support.
- Develop engineering requirements and specifications based on product and system requirements.
- Develop embedded software solution for microcontroller / microprocessor to implement specified functionalities.
- Develop network connectivity and vessel integration solutions to combine and enhance functionalities for multiple systems.
- Participate in design and code review.
- Execute software unit testing and integration testing. Support development and execution of functional test plans. Participate in system testing and field testing.
- Support new product launches - work with cross-functional product development teams that include design engineering, product management, manufacturing engineering, and production.
- Provide technical support to field application teams and customers. Troubleshoot, and deliver updated software to enhance product functionalities or performance for existing products.
Who are we looking for?
Qualifications and Experience
We believe that the ideal candidate has the following qualifications and experiences:
- Minimum of university bachelor degree or equivalent qualifications in Electrical,
Electro-Mechanical, Software Engineering, or Computer Science.
To be successful in this role, we believe that you possess the following skills, competencies & characteristics:
- Strong proficiency with firmware design, development, validation, and documentation
- Excellent software design and programming skills in C / C++
- Demonstrated development experience with 16/32 bit MCU such as ARM Cortex-M.
- Motor control or PID control experience is a strong asset.
- Working experience with one or more serial communication protocols such as CAN,
SPI, I2C, Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth.
- Working experience with CAN and communication protocols such as J1939,
NMEA2K, and CAN open is a plus.
- Development experience with DSP algorithm design in C and Matlab a plus.
- Working experience with Verilog and/or VHDL a plus.
- Development experience with RTOS is a plus.
- Working Experience with Matlab / Simulink is a plus.
- Quick learner, systematic, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working experience with the agile development process is a strong asset
- Demonstrated experience with unit testing and functional testing is a plus
- Familiarity with version control system such as GIT and issue tracking system such as
- Proficiency with engineering tools such as oscilloscope, multimeter, or logic analyzer.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a strong team
- Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to manage a variety of tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Professional demeanor whether in person, via email or on the telephone
We will screen the applications continuously and start interviewing during the application period.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- What is your personal email so we can contact you for a prescreen?
- Software Development Occupations: 1 year (required)