Senior Electrical Engineer
ENERGYneering Solutions (ESI), a division of TransTech Energy, provides exceptional technical expertise in engineering and operations for the biogas utilization and management industries. Since 2007, ESI has specialized in design, construction, and operations for biogas projects that collectively produce over one million MWh of renewable electricity and over 50 million gallons of renewable vehicle fuel every year. ESI is built upon the principle of providing our clients with unmatched experience, flexibility, and follow-through.
ESI is located in beautiful Central Oregon, at the foot of the Cascade Mountain Range and the edge of the Deschutes National Forest, surrounded by world-class skiing, biking, hunting, fishing, hiking, climbing, and just about any other outdoor activity you can imagine. ESI elected to build its headquarters in Central Oregon because of the quality of life the region provides. The company takes pride in encouraging a healthy and active lifestyle for its employees.
ESI’s core values include pride of ownership, a limitless desire to learn, and a relentless approach to solving any challenge. A successful ESI employee not only embraces these values but knows when to lean on the team for support and guidance. We acknowledge that our fast-paced and dynamic environment is not for everyone, but if you are looking for independence and new challenges, ESI will be a great fit.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will oversee electrical engineering for power generation and large industrial projects while emphasizing safety, quality, constructability, budget, and on-time completion. The position is responsible for a variety of parallel projects for a multitude of clients. The position is based out of the Sisters Oregon office.
The role requires implementing sound management and engineering principles to ensure project designs are at the industry’s cutting edge. An ability to work in a multidisciplinary team, mentor junior level staff members, and communicate effectively is of the utmost importance to this position.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will work collaboratively as a member of the Engineering Department and report to the Engineering Director.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design and prepare engineering drawings for permitting, estimating, and construction.
- Design, prepare and review electrical one-lines, 3-lines, utility interconnection and distribution drawings.
- Create and review coordination, grounding, lightning, arc flash and short circuit studies.
- Coordinate electrical designs with utilities, vendors and suppliers.
- Develop electrical protection systems, including OCPD and protective power relay settings.
- Supervise the commissioning and start-up of electrical systems.
- Coordinate designs with the other disciplines and provide feedback.
- Participate in HAZOP and design review studies.
- Support the review and response to contractor RFIs.
- Support ESI’s Operations with safety systems, troubleshooting and optimization.
- Interact with other engineering disciplines, designers and departments throughout the company.
- Develop working knowledge of ISA, NFPA, UL, safety codes, fire codes, and other industry standards.
- Prepare specifications and technical reports.
- Seek ways to improve and promote quality, demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness in all work.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Reliable personal transportation.
- This is a mid to senior level position requiring 5+ years of electrical engineering experience in electrical power design within some of or all the following industries: Renewable Energy; Gas Processing; Chemical; Power; Waste Management; Environmental Air Quality Control Systems.
- Professional Engineer’s license or ability to obtain license within 6 months of hire.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Proficiency in performing short circuit current, grounding, and coordination studies.
- Setup, program and oversee testing of new and installed electrical equipment.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of software. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to deal with complex problems and present recommendations and findings in a clear, concise format; ability to interact effectively at all levels within and outside of ESI. Ability to communicate effectively with team members, vendors, and clients.
- Quick learner who adapts well to a fast-moving environment and gets things done, combines creativity, problem-solving skills, and a can-do attitude to overcome any obstacle.
- Highly motivated and willing to take on multiple responsibilities at once; strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask in an environment with changing priorities.
- Valid driver’s license for state of residence.
- Be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Master’s degree in Engineering discipline from an accredited university.
- Proficiency in SKM Power Tools.
- Facility UPS System and generator design.
- NETA Testing.
- Proficiency in MS Project, Project Insight, or other project management/scheduling software.
- Proficiency with Schweitzer Electrical Laboratories, Basler and GE protection products and software.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- SIMPLE IRA with an employer match up to 3%.
- Employer sponsored life insurance, long-term disability, and AD&D.
- Group health insurance with a graduated employer contribution.
- Group dental and vision insurance.
- Annual allowance for continuing education.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,939.00 - $135,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sisters, OR 97759: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Preferred)
- medium voltage power system: 3 years (Preferred)
- professional engineering license (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location