Our Client, a world leader in automotive service equipment, offering state-of-the-art wheel alignment systems, wheel balancers, lift racks and more. Is currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer for their Engineering operations.
This is a lead designer position responsible for inspection machines and development of alignment machines. This role will be responsible for creating new products from conception through product release.
- Developing mechanical components and subsystems through the process of investigation, specification development, design, analysis and testing.
- Design includes the selection of part configurations, materials selection and product structure documentation.
- Validate design through analysis and testing as well as designing test fixtures and special instrumentation where necessary.
- A Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering is required.
- 7-15 years machine design experience.
- Proactive self-starter with strong sense of ingenuity.
- Ability to work cross functionally with other engineering disciplines as well as other departments.
- Mechanism design experience.
- Electro/mechanical design experience.
- Optical design experience.
- Machined metal parts, material and heat treat knowledge.
- Casting and molded part design experience.
- System integration experience.
- CAD experience (ProEngineer/CREO preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.