Reports to: Director of Product Engineering & Test
Work Location: Clear Lake, SD
Exempt Status: Exempt
Salary Range: DOE
Job Summary: the Project Engineer will be responsible for the technical management of products and processes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create, review and revise technical data packages.
- Perform analysis of product and/or process design to be implemented in production.
- Write procedures and work instructions for Production to perform.
- Conduct Process Hazard Analysis as assigned or needed.
- Review customer contracts to determine product specifications and/or needed details.
- Work with others in the bid proposal process and its activities to secure customer sales.
- Participate in, even lead, the Corrective Action Request process with other support groups.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Permanent resident of the United States (ITAR restrictions)
- Must be eligible to possess explosive under the Safe Explosives Act of 2003 (as amended) as required by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms (ATF) for all employees of Tech Ord.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of failure analysis techniques and tools.
- Ability to conduct Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA)/Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (PFMEA) preventive activities.
- Experience and/or exposure to an OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM) regulated work environment preferred.
- Experience with ammunitions, arms and explosives design and/or development for Department of Defense (DOD) preferred.
- Ability to interface with customers effectively and efficiently through various communication means: verbal, written, presentation-style and onsite visits.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Implementation of procedures.
- Understanding of ISO requirements.
- Ability to work with peers and other employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task in support of end-result/goal.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to set and establish priorities.
- Communicate and document effectively in English.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location