WSF Industries, a leading manufacturer of autoclaves & pressure vessels for a broad range of industrial applications, seeks an Automation Engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Automation Engineer, the engineer will be expected to perform any of the following:
- Generate Electric Schematics and Control Panel Layouts using AutoCAD.
- Selection of electrical components and instruments. Creation of Bills of Materials for purchasing.
- Familiarity with PLC programming and the ability to generate/analyze PLC programs.
- HMI application development.
- Electrical, AC/DC theory with a direct ability to trouble shoot.
- Process, P&ID, Pneumatic and Hydraulic design background a plus.
- Configure variable speed drives and process instrumentation.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to work with others in a heavy industry plant environment, working with technicians to perform the following: mounting sensors; planning conduit, hosing and tubing runs; and assist in wiring complete systems.
- Perform full inspection of control panels and complete system check-out at local facility.
- Ability to kneel, squat, bend, climb and stretch, as well as lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Field Travel Required: Includes new system start-ups, field training and field service in heavy industrial environment.
- Must possess strong communication skills.
- Generate Operating Instructions/Manuals and Field Service Reports.
- Project management skills necessary to coordinate the efforts of in-house staff, suppliers, outside vendors, and technicians to meet strict deadlines.
Qualifications and Education
- Applicant to have AAS (Applicable 2-year Degree), or higher degree.
- Applicant with practical experience wiring or troubleshooting automation systems preferred.
- AutoCAD, MS Word & Excel experience required.
- Self motivated, willing to learn, and a creative thinker.
- Quality minded individual with an ability to produce long lasting designs within budget constraints in a highly competitive OEM manufacturing environment.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $105,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Tonawanda, NY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- How many years of Electrical Design experience do you have?
Work Location: One location