DESIGNA Access Corporation – Service Engineer, Provisioning Coordinator
DESIGNA Access Corporation is the North American subsidiary of a large European group that develops, manufactures, and installs fully automated parking access and revenue control system solutions. DESIGNA USA goes to market through direct sales and distribution channels and provides design, turn-key system implementation, training, and ongoing support services to our car park management clients.
As part of our ongoing expansion and commitment to the US marketplace, DESIGNA is seeking to hire a Service Engineer to join our team working on our headquarter located in Westmont, IL. This position will directly serve the local market and provide support services to the DESIGNA Distribution Network throughout the continental USA.
DESIGNA Access Corporation offers a competitive salary, health benefits, and 401k.
- Ensure installations, contract services, and service calls are completed as soon as practicably possible. It includes scheduling time, parts, and coordination of required activities to ensure effective, accurate and timely task completion;
- Work with, and sometimes function as, Project Manager to ensure the successful implementation of new system installations, system expansions, and replacement systems;
- Provide training, trouble-shooting, and configuration assistance via remote online computer support of software applications and Operating Systems (70%); on-site support/installation services for end-user accounts (20%); in-house system provisioning, testing, and repairs (10%);
- Prepare, retrofit, and provision new projects working with Department and Account Manager to ensure accurate and timely completion;
- Escalate technical matters to ensure prompt resolution;
- Assist in the performance of regular equipment and parts;
- Ensure processes are adequately followed regarding project & service work order completion, personal expense reporting, and required paperwork and documentation.
- Work with appropriate Sales Account Manager and Department Manager to ensure that contractual levels of service are met;
- Build and maintain positive and productive relationships with customers;
- Champion DESIGNA products and be an active ambassador of our Company and its Values;
- Work together with other DESIGNA team members to ensure customer requests are actioned effectively and efficiently;
- Be a contributing and influential member of the DESIGNA Access Corporation team.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Practical application knowledge in electronics, networking, and integrated systems;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and LAN/ WAN connectivity competency. Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate certification preferred;
- Possess creative problem-solving skills;
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to build and maintain positive relationships, especially during times of negotiation or conflict resolution;
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS SQL;
- High School Graduate or equivalent (GED) required;
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated experience within the parking control systems industry, building access/alarm systems industry, remote center systems industry, or other related industry;
- Valid driver’s license, Passport, personal vehicle, and clean driving record required;
- Proficiency with LAN/WAN network connectivity;
- Knowledge of network protocols;
- Proficient with MS Office Software Suites;
- Available to travel within the continental United States and stay overnight as required to ensure that installation and support outcomes are delivered to our clients (travel commitment up to 50%);
- Able to work flexible hours, including rotating weekends, to ensure delivery commitments to our customers are met.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $68,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Programmable logic controllers: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel: