Provides solutions to a variety of problems that occur with software or hardware. When customers (Engineering) have a task that they would like to accomplish and the software is not sufficient, the Engineers create solutions via software or hardware.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and identify solutions to engineering software and hardware issues.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration.
- Stays informed of new technologies, trends in completion engineering.
- Good understanding of computer systems, and other tech products.
- Supports team members and helps ensure that established goals and deadlines are met.
- Supports the quality management system and quality objectives.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relationships with area staff and management.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relationships with customers, suppliers, and outside contacts.
- Progresses knowledge in 2D and 3D design and able to troubleshoot engineering software issues.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Holds BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or 10+ years’ work experience in related field.
- Possesses 5-7 years of experience in monitoring engineering 2D/3D software including AutoCAD, Solidworks, and CATIA
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Aircraft Interior Completions Designs
- Ability to troubleshoot complex and dynamic engineering environments (Catia V6, Enovia 2018X).
- Hold Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Computer Science or associated degree
- Superior understanding of Company operations and needs.
- General understanding of FAA requirements.
- Able to prioritize projects and multitask.
- Adept at computer applications (Microsoft Office and engineering software).
- Good communications skills with engineering and software vendors
- Possess a familiarity with general engineering concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand Standard English, including technical, engineering related vocabulary, for technical and general work correspondence and work products.
This job operates in indoor and, occasionally, outdoor settings. The indoor settings include office and warehouse/airplane hangar environments which require the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines and safety gear. The outdoor settings include airplane runways and parking lots. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud. Occasionally subject to varying inside and/or outside temperatures, which may include extreme heat (temperatures above 100 degrees) or extreme cold (temperatures below 32 degrees).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required use the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
Light work; exerts up to 20 lbs. occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. frequently. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel may occasionally be required for this position (10% or less).
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE:
Must be able to legally work in the US without sponsorship.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN:
GDC Technics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. GDC will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.