Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunneling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
Who Is Orica? https://youtu.be/Fb8Jn_3ru3k
The Role – 8952 – Mining Technical Services Engineer (Fairbanks, AK)
This role is responsible for supporting customer Technical Services requirements including a strong emphasis on Product Stewardship, delivery of measurable value to customers and sustainable revenue to Orica.
· Work closely with key potential clients to create opportunities for Orica with emphasis on differentiated products and service applications utilizing knowledge of Orica technology capabilities as well as broad knowledge of explosives and blasting applications in the, mining, quarry and construction industries, and provide ongoing technical support including implementation support
· Provide technical support to research and development, marketing, technical service, and SHES functions.
· Assist Business Teams in pre-bid evaluation of customers and potential for opportunities.
· Train and develop Orica local business unit personnel and participate as a trainer at Orica Technical Training Courses as requested
· Promote concept of EBS and technical solutions approach to the business and customers
· Demonstrate SHES leadership through regular contact with Orica SHES personnel and Federal regulatory personnel as needed.
· Visiting customer sites such as surface and underground mines, construction projects, rock quarries, and business offices for all of the above.
· Travel will be up to 50% - Primarily in Alaska with occasional visits elsewhere in the United States.
· Assist Business Team as needed with product manufacturing at our area plant:
o Duties such as operating fork lift trucks, product handling (able to lift up to 50#), Inventory, equipment management, shipping & receiving. Etc.
o Time spent at plant vs time in field will vary seasonally and based on client needs.
· Field and Plant work will frequently be outdoors in extreme conditions: Approximately -50F to 100F
Experience and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree in Geosciences or Engineering, or equivalent is helpful but not required
· Candidate must be able to live in Fairbanks AK.
· Experience must include:
o 3-5 years of experience as a mining engineer, or related industry experience
o Strong experience with drone technology for professional purposes
o Familiarity and experience with computer-based data acquisition tools (eg Boretrack, laser profiling, 3D Photogrammetry (3GSM), geo-referencing) as well as basic computer skills such as file handling and the use of Microsoft Office programs.
o Performing mining engineering activities related to explosives, initiation systems, and their application in blasting solutions for Construction, Quarries
o Mining/Explosives product sales experience, including experience with customers, blasters, engineering staff, and operations staff.
o Identifying client needs and developing solutions based on operational abilities and budgetary requirements.
Experience may be gained concurrently.
· Safety is our priority. Always. - The most important thing is that we all return home, safely, every day.
· We respect and value all. - Our care for each other, our customers, communities and the environment builds trusted relationships.
· Together we succeed. - Collaboration makes us better, individually and collectively.
· We act with integrity. - We are open and honest, and we do what is right.
· We are committed to excellence. - We take accountability for our business and for delivering outstanding results.
What We Offer
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization.
- Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist.
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged.
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth.
- Competitive salary packages.
Orica is an Equal Opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- explosives industry: 3 years (Required)