We are looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor for the Comfort Inn North Platte, NE.
The Housekeeping Supiervisor is responsible for ensuring efficient operations of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with standards, as well as supervising the entire Housekeeping Department including rooms, front/back of house, public areas and laundry .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Comply at all times with standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Establish and maintain a key control system for the department.
- Operate pagers and radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff.
- Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the housekeeping department.
- Monitor and direct all Housekeeping and Laundry personnel.
- Inspect rooms daily and do not schedule an additional Supervisor or Assistant unless occupancy is over 50% or with General Manager's approval (property specific).
- Conduct all 90-day and annual employee performance appraisals according to KPHG S.O.P's.
- Review Housekeeping staff hours worked for payroll compilation and submit to accounting on a timely basis.
- Carry a pager at all times.
- Conduct monthly department meetings with housekeeping staff according to standards.
- Prepare employee schedule according to the business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements. Submit the schedule to the General Manager weekly.
- Handle overall supervision of daily inspection for arriving V.I.P.'s.
- Ensure lobbies, guest hallways, guest rooms and the back of the house areas are cleaned to standards.
- Maintain standards regarding Purchase Orders, vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting according to S.O.P.'s.
- Maintain required pars of all Housekeeping and Laundry supplies by ordering all needed supplies and amenities on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly Housekeeping inventories on a timely basis.
- Ensure guest privacy and security by correctly following KPHG procedures.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Ensure implementation of all policies and house rules.
- Train and review all "House Safety" rules and procedures with Housekeeping staff.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Housekeeping personnel according to KPHG S.O.P.'s.
- Prepare and conduct all Housekeeping interviews and hiring procedures according to S.O.P.'s.
- Monitor work orders and submit to Engineering department according to procedures. Follow up on Maintenance Requests to ensure completion.
- Respond to all guest requests, situations, complaints and accidents presented to Housekeeping in an attentive, courteous and efficient way..
- Attend monthly all-employee team meetings, and any other functions required by management.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide training on a rotational basis using the steps to effective training according to KPHG standards.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with other managers, employees and all other departments.
- Respond to emergency situations using information contained in M.S.D. sheets. Keep M.S.D. sheets current and easily available..
- Focus the Housekeeping Department on its role in contributing to the Guest Service Index.
- Balance and clear the room status nightly, comparing the PM Housekeeping Report with the computer's room status report and resolve all discrepancies.
- Maintain and monitor "Lost and Found" procedures and policies according to standards.
- Train all Housekeeping personnel to perform their duties to KPHG standards, using the steps to effective training according to KPHG standards.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other employees.
- Conduct daily morning meeting with staff.
- Conduct weekly walk through with General Manager and Property Engineer.
- Use the telephone and computer system for reporting and verifying room status.
- Ensure valet laundry is recorded for valet cleaners. Check and review incoming laundry at end of day to ensure all items have been returned. (property specific).
- Properly store, secure and issue supplies as needed to meet business demands.
- Complete all reports in a timely and efficient manner as required by management.
- Establish, with General Manager's approval, any additional standards as needed for the Housekeeping Department.
- Review Guest Request log daily to ensure that all requests have been met, taking proactive steps to address problems before they occur.
- Ensure completion of regular maintenance and cleaning projects on a bi-annual basis.
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & RESPONSIBILITIES REQUIRED:
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 2-year college degree
and 3 or more years of related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of
- Supervisory experience required.
Housekeeping Manager Job Description Page 3 of 3
- Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable state.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Guest Services: 1 year (Preferred)
- Supervisor: 2 years (Preferred)
- Housekeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Scheduling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Housekeeping Supervisor: 1 year (Preferred)