Xytel is seeking a Junior Mechanical Engineer who wants to work in an exciting, cutting-edge diverse manufacturing industry. Xytel designs and manufacturers state-of-the-art pilot and demo scale plants tailored to meet the evolving process technologies for our world class customer’s. We take our designs all the way through to finished, constructed products at our facility here in Roebuck, SC.
Xytel offers a full range of engineering and fabrication services to assist companies in taking new processes and products from the conceptual to the commercial scale, bridging the gap between glassware & commercial manufacturing plants.
Come join our team and be a part of this exciting design and construction process!
Support Mechanical Engineering department’s daily activities. Perform ASME code calculations on vessels using COMPRESS. Assist CADD utilizing AutoCAD Plant 3D and SolidWorks software.
· Prepare detailed reports to demonstrate technical progress and accomplishments on projects.
· Resolve product development issues through creative testing and re-engineering.
· Perform necessary technical calculations and testing to ensure functional and sound work-product.
· Design 3D modular systems from P&IDs and footprint layout with assistance from Project Manager / Chemical Engineer and Mechanical PE.
· Place process equipment, such as pumps, exchangers, and vessels in the 3D model using CAD software, in the correct flow orientation with interconnecting pipe and mounting. Design and model vessels in an ASME code shop environment
· Create construction drawings for structural skids and vessels to Xytel standards for internal builds and/or 3rd party vendor builds
· Design and route piping in a modular skid 3D environment (AutoCAD Plant 3D, Solidworks or Navisworks; Solidworks experience preferred)
· Develop isometric drawings to Xytel standards for piping systems.
· Build 2D P&IDs from process flow diagrams (PFDs) in AutoCAD Plant PID (Smart P&ID software).
· Revise P&IDs per Xytel standards.
· Revise mechanical drawings (vessel, structural, piping) per Xytel standards.
Experience in 3D design.
Experience in pipe routing using AutoCAD Plant 3D or SolidWorks.
ASME code vessel shop design experience is a plus.
BS or AS in Mechanical Engineering
COMPRESS experience a plus.
Local candidates only. No relocation assistance offered.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance