We’re hiring! Come and join one of the fastest growing design services companies in Ottawa. BTA Design Services is looking for talented individuals to join our team. Be part of a company that offers interesting work in challenging, stimulating technical environments with companies that lead the world in technology and innovation.
We recognize that our strength is in the individuals who bring their talents with them to work so at BTA Design Services, we foster an environment where everyone on the team is appreciated, trusted and engaged. We also recognize that work-life balance is important and we strive to provide our employees not just with challenging roles but with roles that also allow them to enjoy family, friends and life outside of work.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Be experienced in cellular radio and RAN or Base Station FPGA design (5G, 4G, LTE,,...).
- Understand high-level requirements and system architecture and translate them into detailed FPGA device architectures.
- Interface with and offer leadership to the FPGA design team, hardware team and software team.
- Design and implement RTL logic (mainly Verilog or System Verilog), run block-level simulation, FPGA synthesis and backend, timing closure.
- Provide technical guidance to customers and lead them through complex technical issues.
The ideal individual is a senior/staff/principal FPGA Design Engineer with the following:
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree in EE or equivalent skills/experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in progressive roles.
- Experience in FPGA architecture and design of digital cellular radio and RANs or Base Stations.
- Experience with modern cellular radio standards (e.g. 5G, 4G, LTE, 3GPP, O-RAN).
- Experience with modern FPGA development and tools including logic design, synthesis, PnR and timing closure.
- Experience with high-speed FPGA Design Flow using Verilog and Xilinx Vivado.
- Experience with complex asynchronous clock boundaries & high-speed serial interfaces.
- Track record as a self-starter, a team player and a leader.
Experience in one or more of the following:
- DSP algorithm design and implementation in DSP devices or FPGAs.
- Fronthaul/midhaul connectivity, eCPRI, CPRI, 10G+ Ethernet, optical networking.
- CPU, GPU, NPU, DSP processor sub-system design or integration.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $0.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- FPGA Design: 5 years (Required)
- 3GPP, LTE, 4G, 5G : 2 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings