Reports to the Vice President - Engineering and is responsible for the following, based on the division or vessels as assigned:
- Supervision of the Engineering department.
- Supervision of the Procurement department.
- Overseeing the operational and technical management of the vessels.
- Engineering project management.
- Assistance with existing vessel retrofit / improvement.
- Production and management of the Fleet planned maintenance and repair system.
- Coordination with regulatory and Class representatives.
- Investigating engineering casualties and providing recommendations.
- Project management and planning of vessel drydock periods.
- Analyzing repair and maintenance procedures to minimize loss of revenue and cost of repairs.
- Vessel testing and troubleshooting (Bollard pull, trials, monitoring, and diagnostics).
- Support to HSSEQ, Operations, Business Development and other departments on matters related to Engineering.
- Creating a safety culture throughout the organization.
- Attending meetings with customers as required.
- Handling personnel claims of crew.
- Engineering crew management, discipline, and qualification.
- Strong understanding of and commitment to improvement of company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Criteria / Skillset:
- Marine Engineering Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Marine Engineering experience
- Active or former USCG Chief Engineer – Limited or greater license
- 5 or more years seagoing experience
- Experience with EMD, John Deere, Cummins and Volvo Penta engines, Kongsberg (fmr. Rolls Royce) thrusters, electrical and electronic systems, steering systems, winches, and auxiliary equipment as common to modern towing vessels
- Functional knowledge of ship structure, stability, and design in maintenance and repair applications
- Functional knowledge of ABS, USCG, IMO, SOLAS and other applicable regulatory standards
- Experience with vessel drydock / shipyard planning, on-site management, budgeting, and oversight
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Strong organizational & project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, in working internally within a company, with third party vendors, and customers
- Strong composition and technical writing skills, as related to maintenance and repair reporting, incident investigation, and protocol
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word), and basic drawing review skills with AutoCAD
Expectations & Compensation:
- Salaried compensation commensurate with experience
- Typical office work hours 0800-1700 M-F, with on-call support for vessel assistance 24/7
- Travel expected for maintenance and repair as deemed necessary, and attendance of drydock & overhaul periods as on-site owner’s representative, covered 100% by the company
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $1.00 - $500,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Pascagoula, MS 39567: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location