This position exists to ensure efficient operation of all process control instrumentation and process control systems in the plant. The individual in this position will be required to fully understand the purpose and operation of the equipment throughout the plant and have the ability to make decisions based on sound judgment when a situation dictates.
The individual in this position must possess thorough working knowledge of Instrumentation and Automation, programmable logic controllers, control systems, and electrical systems. The individual must also be able to perform electronic and instrumentation installations and repair tasks. Maintain the Control Systems hardware, software, along with programming additions and changes is also required.
The individual in this position must establish and maintain open communications and productive work relationships with Maintenance Supervisors, Shift Managers, Production employees and Maintenance co-workers.
The individual in this position will be required to fully understand the purpose and operation of the areas in which they are working, and is required to have the ability to make decisions based on sound judgment when a situation dictates it. It is imperative the individual conducts themselves in a manner that ensures alertness and constant awareness of the safe operation of equipment and its surroundings. The individual in this position may be required to work as a project coordinator for instrumentation and automation systems for capital and other projects, involving contractors and/or plant personnel.
Overtime requirements in this position are common and may be required to meet operational goals.
1. Documents, monitors, maintains, and assists with reporting of shift events, logging Predictive Maintenance data and assists with work planning utilizing information systems and productivity software.
2. Identifies and performs preventative/predictive maintenance on equipment throughout the facility:
- A. Maintains all shop inventories, tools and shop equipment.
- B. Creates, performs and completes work orders in the system as assigned or as needed, prepares kitting when necessary.
- C. Coordinates or schedules additional work as needed.
- D. Identifies parts needed for work to be done, conducts inventory searches and locates parts.
3. Maintains Company standards for quality, food safety, sanitation and GMPs: Works within safety rules and regulations in actively avoiding injury to self and others. Ensures proper food safety sanitation and cleaning procedures of all processing equipment and tools.
4. May assist Engineering and others in developing plans for instrumentation, automation systems for capital and other projects: Assists with design and layout of automation systems.
5. May assist with training other plant personnel.
6. Troubleshoots and makes minor and major repairs of equipment, including automation systems, in order to prevent or minimize equipment and machine downtime, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
7. Ensures attendance and participation in training activities appropriate to the position and incorporates acquired skills and knowledge.
8. Ensures no injuries to self or others by following safe work practices and policies.
9. Ensures that all work related activities within the facility are accomplished through methods which promote safety to employees and which minimize potential impact to the community and environment in which we live.
10. Ensures self-compliance with Company policies and procedures.
11. Maintains necessary level of communication with team members and other support groups and does so in a participative management style, conducive with operational goals.
12. Conducts self in a professional manner and ensures personal appearance meets the standards necessary to perform the job function while representing the Company.
13. Ensures that additional accountabilities as may be required by management be handled in a manner necessary to meet operational Divisional standards.
1. Must have a minimum of five years of Instrumentation, Automation experience. Food processing background being an asset.
2. Red Seal Journeyman Instrumentation Mechanic or Instrumentation Technologist /Technician .
3. Must have a thorough Programmable Logic Controllers and Control Systems. Preference to knowledge of DeltaV , Foundation Field Bus, ASi Bus , and DeviceNet , Rockwell, Allen Bradley Automation products.
4. Must possess well-developed computer skills.
5. Must be able to read and understand PIDs, schematics, and technical manuals.
6. Must be able to communicate verbally in a professional manner.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: $45.53 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Stock options
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Do you have working with PLC equipment, such as, Allen Bradley and Delta-V? systems?
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Red Seal Journeyman Instrumentation Mechanic Certification (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place