THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN SAN ANTONIO, TX.
CNG Engineering, PLLC, is a Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing (MEP) design consulting firm that excels in providing high-quality engineering services to a wide variety of clients in the building construction industry. Based in beautiful San Antonio, Texas, CNG Engineering is undergoing tremendous growth directly associated with the national attention directed at its home city. This small firm provides an excellent opportunity for the right individual to grow professionally and to realize career goals. This position reports directly to the Company President.
- Manage assigned projects including coordination with a multi-discipline design team and oversight of production assigned to junior staff.
- Design of Mechanical and Plumbing systems in all sizes of commercial buildings.
- Design HVAC and interior piping systems for commercial applications.
- Perform hydraulic, pressure loss and pump head calculations.
- Perform all other necessary calculations to support system designs.
- Perform CA tasks, review submittals/shop drawings, respond to RFIs and attend CA meetings.
- Conduct site visits to evaluate field installations and conduct field observations.
- Provide overall direction for the design team from inception to completion on a project-specific basis.
- Assists with company marketing efforts.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or related.
- P.E. Required.
- Current valid Driver’s License and insurable driving record
- 20+ years of experience in performing mechanical and plumbing design for commercial structures.
- Broad background in design, construction documents (plans, specs, cost estimates, calculations for a variety of building projects) and construction administration.
- Should be experienced at project management including managing work to produce projects on schedule and within budget.
- Some knowledge of Auto CAD; proficient in HVAC load analysis software (i.e. Trane Trace) and MS Excel and MS Word.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills are required.
- Must be able to traverse difficult terrain [approximately 25% of job] at construction sites with no assistance.
- Frequent bending, stooping, kneeling, reaching forward and reaching overhead.
- Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds; Infrequent lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent need to traverse difficult terrain [approximately 25% of job] with no assistance.
Indeed Hire and CNG Engineering, PLLC are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- project management: 1 year (Required)
- AutoCad & HVAC analysis software: 1 year (Required)
- Architectural engineering : 2 years (Required)
- mechanical & plumbing design for commercial structures: 7 years (Required)
- Professional Engineer (Required)
- driver's (Required)