As a fortune 500 company, Kiewit has been constructing and engineering some of North America’s most complex underground facilities for over 50 years, completing projects for transportation, water/waste, power, mining, and telecommunications markets. As part of Kiewit we are integrated with 135 years of construction and engineering experience that provides wholistic solutions to the industry that are unmatched.
Our extensive experience in traditional bid-build, design-build and construction management at-risk delivery methods allows us to provide clients with accurate construction estimates based on real-world production data. We offer a wide range of tunneling methods including TBM rock, TBM soft ground, sequential excavation, drill and blast, shaft excavation, concrete and tunnel rehab.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re supporting Kiewit or other general contractors to bore tunnels through mountains, turn rivers into energy, build bridges that connect communities, or develop facilities that power and fuel our world, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from below ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Underground District has its headquarters in Omaha, NE and operates across North America with current projects in Nebraska, South Dakota, New York, and Chicago. We require our employees to be open to relocation or temporary job assignments throughout this region.
Project Engineer -
As a Project Engineer, you will play a significant part in the success of Kiewit Underground by planning, organizing and implementing project engineering & project controls tasks. Excellent communication, attention to detail and an ability to work well in a team environment are considered critical to this position.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Brainstorm, designing and field inspection of temporary works for heavy civil construction projects
- Identify design-build opportunities and develop win strategy for capture
- Interface and maintain relationships with external design partners
- Temporary work designs will include shoring, falsework, concrete formwork, personnel access platforms and hoisting rigging.
- Interface with other Kiewit operating districts
- Presents ideas in persuasive and compelling ways; gains support and buy-in without demanding it; influences others to desired course of action
- 7 years' experience with focus on Engineering Design and Underground projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering degree.
- PE certificaton required.
- Ability to travel throughout the country as required.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
- 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
- Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.