At Ghirardelli Associates, we believe that thinking outside of the box is the spark to set innovation on fire. Ghirardelli Associates is a full-service construction management firm, with 20 years of experience providing service throughout California. Our company inspires ingenuity by providing cutting-edge solutions to our clients, with a commitment to exceptional service. We are proud to shape the communities we live in, while creating a positive environment for our associates to foster creativity and growth.
Ghirardelli Associates, currently looking to hire a Resident Engineer with experience in to be based out of our Oakland Office. This is an opportunity to work with experienced engineers dedicated to working on civil and technical engineering and construction management.
this position may include but not limited to:
- Attends pre-construction meetings
- Prepares a written daily report documenting construction activities, including but not limited to: contractor labor, equipment, daily construction progress, project site visitors, non-conforming work, safety issues, traffic control, field measured quantiles, field discussions with the contractor and public, takes daily project photos, change order work performed, and weather.
- Prepare a timesheet daily which records all hours worked, along with vacation, holidays, and sick leave taken.
- Consults with Resident Engineers, Bridge Engineers, Project Engineers, other project representatives, and contractors' superintendents on work progress and construction problems.
- Prepares quantity calculation sheets to support monthly progress payments to construction contractors.
- Coordinates field testing of construction materials and construction surveys.
- Coordinates communication between district/division/Department of Public Safety and other external entities.
- Ensures contractors build roadways, bridges and related highway structures and/or airport improvements in accordance with plans and specifications.
- Monitors project phasing and traffic control plans for compliance with approved safety standards
- Observes and inspects ongoing construction work.
- Performs construction record-keeping activities; recommends payments to contractors; prepares reports.
- Trains and mentors less experienced inspectors on work methods.
- Documents work progress and issues arising throughout scope of the project.
- Performs other job responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be familiar with construction inspection techniques associated with the construction of roadways, highways, bridges, light rail, heavy rail, airports, utilities, marine facilities, ports, and other infrastructure facilities, when required by their current assignments.
- Must be familiar with regulatory requirements such as CalOsha, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP), US Department of Fish and Wildlife, California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Army Corp of Engineers, Regional Water Quality Control Boards, and other regulatory agencies as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Registered CA Professional Engineer’s License is required.
- Minimum of 4+ years demonstrate possession of the knowledge and skills, which would typically be acquired through: experience in managing Construction Projects and/or working as a resident engineer with public agencies.
- Strong communication, verbal and written are required.
- Advanced computer skills
- Strong project management and client management skills are required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit for up to 6 to 8 hours per day while working at a computer, during meeting or while driving. Walking up to 2 hours per day while performing field visits. Ability to see well enough to function in a typical office environment and read standard text on paper and electronic screen of a computer or handheld device. The associate frequently is required to use hands. Repetitive reaching, repetitive hand use. Physical agility to perform tasks requiring a full range of body movements including lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, stretching, twisting, reaching, balancing, squatting, climbing, crawling, kneeling, or assuming crouched positions; repetitive arm, hand, finger, wrist, leg or foot motion. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Frequently use safety equipment such as a hard hat and safety vest; work in areas not well ventilated such as utility vaults; work outdoors or work on uneven ground or floor spaces; work at elevations above ground level. Must be able to work in all weather conditions and can work any day of the week both night and day. Available for after hour emergency response.
- Medical Insurance - United Healthcare and Kaiser
- Dental Insurance - MetLife
- Vision Plan - VSP
- Flexible Spending Plan (FSA)
- Health Spending Account (HSA)
- GlobalFit Membership
- Wellness Rewards Program
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Profit Sharing
- 401(k) Plan
Work & Life
- Bereavement Leave
- 9 Holidays
- Education Allowance
- Company Vehicle (depending on assignment)
Ghirardelli Associates is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $121,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Civil engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer (Preferred)