Our customer is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in strategic science on behalf of national security. Our customer enhances national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
Odyssey Systems is looking for a Front-End Web Developer to assume the responsibility of providing technical and web design expertise in support of library information systems known as RASSTI, DSpace, and Blacklight
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The Web Developer position will guide the design, specification, and documentation of user interface development while coordinating with other software developers on procedural, operational and technical issues related to interface development and deployment. The core focus of this position is on creating interfaces that utilize web accessibility and usability best practices.
- Experience with user interface design best practices and development of 508C/WCAG compliant websites
- Experience with team collaboration tools and version control systems such as Git, Google Suite, or Confluence/Jira
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to a wide range of audiences
- Production experience with web development libraries and frameworks such as Bootstrap, JQuery, Ruby/Rails, or Python/Django
- Experience with common programming languages and tools such as PHP, Python, XML, or Apache SOLR
- Experience with MySQL databases
- Experience with data visualization techniques and software such as matplotlib, Kibana, or Tableau
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
- Location: Los Alamos, NM, 87544
- Travel: Non-Anticipated
- Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD. LTD, PTO, Retirement)
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)