Junior Energy Engineer
About RISE ENGINEERING:
RISE Engineering, a division of Thielsch Engineering, Inc., is a pioneer in the delivery of turnkey energy-efficiency services for residential, commercial and industrial facilities. We are passionate about energy efficiency, improving the safety and affordability of our clients’ homes and businesses, and maintaining our industry-standard-setting quality of service. Our success is exemplified by the company’s sustained growth, the number of long-term employees who enjoy personal growth and career advancement, and the major role we play for program sponsors who have received national energy-efficiency awards and recognition. We are headquartered in Cranston, R.I. with field offices in Mass., N.H. and N.Y.
The Junior Energy Engineer will be responsible for identifying and verifying energy efficiency opportunities to support energy efficiency initiatives throughout the Northeast. The individual will work under the supervision of a senior level engineer. The position will be responsible for assembling data through site visits, manufacturer’s information, and plans and specifications to scope, validate, and calculate the impact from energy efficiency recommendations identified by themselves or others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifying and inspecting cost effective opportunities for improving the efficiency of electric, natural gas, and deliverable fuel systems and end uses in commercial, industrial, or multifamily buildings.
- Developing energy savings analyses, cost estimates, and written reports for the installation of recommended improvements using documented engineering methods and principals and /or existing models and methodologies that are approved and certified in the industry.
- Arranging for financing and incentives to help make the improvements more affordable, working with some of the most aggressive utility-sponsored initiatives in the United States.
***About 50% local travel (MA, NH and RI)
Required Education and Experience:
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, with a demonstrated interest in energy efficiency and building science preferred
- One-year experience writing technical reports
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage workload effectively under general direction.
- Working proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- EIT, CEM, or other relevant professional certifications.
- Understanding of demand side management and utility based incentive programs
Compensation & Benefits
Paid time off and holidays
Employer-matching 401(k) retirement plan
Employer-paid Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
Health care benefits through United HealthCare, Delta Dental and Vision Service Plan
Employer-paid life and AD&D insurance; access to short and long-term disability insurance
Thielsch Engineering, Inc. offers competitive compensation based on experience, including base salaries and attractive performance incentives. Our comprehensive benefits include health/dental/vision insurance, paid vacation, holidays, sick days, life insurance, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) and a 401k program.
Thielsch Engineering, Inc. is an E-Verify participant and will conduct background investigations and pre-employment screening of candidates for employment.
Thielsch Engineering, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.