LTG, Inc. is an established, but growing engineering and planning firm. We provide consulting services to diverse clientele including federal, state, county, city and private entities. Our primary services include roadway design, traffic engineering, traffic analysis, transportation planning, and land use planning functions.
LTG is currently seeking an experienced Senior Roadway Design Engineer / Project Manager in our Ormond Beach, Florida corporate office. The successful applicant may eventually lead our Roadway Design department and be a candidate for an ownership role.
- Develop and / or oversee roadway design in MicroStation and AutoCAD / Civil 3D. Strong Emphasis on 3D capabilities, speed and accuracy.
- Roadway design, construction plans, production and management.
- Development of horizontal and vertical geometry.
- Prepare and manage staff hour estimates, concept reports and project scopes
- Calculate quantity estimates in connection with the roadway design.
- Perform field investigations and inspections and evaluate existing conditions on roadway, signing, and pavement marking.
- Participate in strategic planning and business development activities to support achievement of company growth goals.
- Manage and achieve scheduled milestones, budget constraints and quality benchmarks on assigned projects and tasks.
- QA / QC technical literature and work product for accuracy.
- Client development, maintenance and coordination.
- Staff management and training.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline.
- 10+ years roadway design and plans production experience (FDOT experience preferred), with significant major highway and urban roadway design services.
- Must have an active Florida PE license or a PE license from another state.
- Candidates with a PE license from another state will be required to obtain their FL PE license by Endorsement within their 90-day probationary period.
- Proficiency with MicroStation Open Roads, AutoCAD and Civil 3D design platforms and software, MS Office (especially Excel), and FDOT design applications.
- Understanding of roadway and traffic operations, design principles and familiarity with pertinent national, state, local (preferred), and industry standards.
- Must have excellent grammar, spelling, and technical writing skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to form and maintain positive relationships with clients.
- Ability to effectively train and mentor staff.
LTG offers excellent opportunities and professional growth as well as a competitive salary and benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance (employee premiums paid in-full by LTG). Benefits also include participation in company 401(k) plan after one year of employment, paid vacation time, sick time and ten paid holidays.
LTG will offer a significant signing bonus and / or relocation package for the qualified candidate.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Roadway Engineering: 10 years (Required)
- Professional Engineer (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19