Location: COLUMBIA, MD USA
CST Engineering, Inc. is seeking a full-time, highly-motivated Traffic Engineer II to join our Traffic Engineering Department.
CST Engineering, Inc. is a multi-disciplinary civil engineering firm headquartered in Columbia, MD that employs a staff of experienced professionals within the civil engineering field. The firm is MBE/DBE certified with various jurisidictions within Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, D.C., and Pennsylvania, including the Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT) and the City of Baltimore.
A successful candidate will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Perform traffic engineering designs including preparation of signing and pavement marking, signal, lighting, and maintenance of traffic (MOT) plans in accordance with latest design standards, under the guidance of a Senior Traffic Engineer.
- Work collaboratively with other engineers and designers to complete projects and deliverables.
- Manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously throughout all stages of a project life cycle.
- Maintain awareness of project scope, schedules, and budgeting.
- Coordinate with clients and other engineering companies, on behalf of the firm.
- Attend project related meetings
All potential applicants shall possess the following characteristics:
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification.
- At least one (1) year of traffic design/civil engineering experience in a professional setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- Proficient in MicroStation V8/V8i.
- Basic knowledge of MDSHA design manuals and standards.
- Excellent reading, writing, and verbal skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Company Benefits Overview
All CST Employees receive the following benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Paid Holidays and PTO.
- 100% Employer paid medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits (for individual).
- 401(k)/ROTH 401(k) plan with corporate matching.
- Voluntary Term Life Coverage, AFLAC, and Legal Shield.
- Flexible start/end workday hours.
- Corporate gym facility/wellness credit.
CST Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veteran or disabled status.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture