Trim Engineering Manager
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong computer proficiency - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated communication, documentation, and leadership skills.
- Knowledge and capability using Accumark
- Minimum of 2 years developing patterns for manufactured products (seating preferred) including:
Meeting pre-determined timeline commitments
Meeting customer quality standards
Feasibility of sew manufacturability
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Demonstrated sewing skills and proficiency in terminology
The Soft Trim Pattern Developer is responsible for generating trim patterns that result in a trim cover that can be repeatably sewn and built onto seat that meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations. The Soft Trim Pattern Developer needs to be able to achieve the above-described product using either existing patterns or creating new patterns based on the Seat Frame/Foam/STO requirements.
Dynamic teamwork is a must to communicate issues and solve problems with the entire team (this includes Foam, Comfort, and Complete Seat Engineering). Ability to meet with and understand the customer/manufacturing requirements, timing, and adjust to any changes in direction that may result. Must be able to produce complete trim covers using the above-mentioned methods and utilizing Accumark to generate orange peels and cut files. Working capability of Excel to generate BOMs.
The Soft Trim Pattern Developer owns the entire process and reports to the Trim Engineering Manager.