Manufacturing Controls Engineer
- Coordinate and provide Electrical Engineering support during design, install and launch of new program manufacturing equipment.
- Proficiency in writing specifications, request for quotes, requisitions, management of contractor(s) and/or project team(s).
- Ensure that all equipment purchased is compliant to Company's Federal, Provincial and Local Codes.
- Review and approve electrical and fluid power drawings, controls architecture for PLC/CNC/HMI, diagnostics, electrical components, software and HMI screens for the purchased manufacturing equipment.
- Run-off, startup, debug, qualification support and troubleshooting of breakdowns.
- Responsible for equipment build tracking and resolving controls issues from the equipment design phase through the installation.
- Responsible for managing documentation, software and final deliverables including hand-off to plants.
- Implementation of Information Technology applications (MPTS, FIS, etc.), part traceability and WCM (World Class Manufacturing) requirements as outlined by Advanced Manufacturing Engineering and Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology is required.
- Auto Cad and PLC/CNC programming proficiency is required.
- 3 - 5 years experience required. 5 years preferred in manufacturing, controls engineering, maintenance or related field.
- Advanced degree.
- Automotive Paint experience
- PLC and CNC Programming.
- Allen-Bradley PLC (including Safety PLC) required, Siemens, Fanuc and Nachi Controls is a plus.
- Robotics, high pressure die casting or related casting technologies and conveyor experience.
- Experience in hydraulics and pneumatics design is also desired.
- Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project and Outlook experience.
- Ability to work any shift, overtime and some travel national and international.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction (Self Motivated).
- Strong written/oral communication. Ability to communicate to all levels of management levels.
- Excellent people skills and able to work within a team.
- Ability to function in platform and team settings.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $25.00 to $35.00 /hour
- Manufacturing Controls: 3 years (Required)
- Allen Bradley PLC/CNC: 3 years (Required)
- Electrical: 3 years (Required)
Full Time Opportunity: