About the Job
As part of a passionate team of engineers, you will be responsible for designing a variety of molded, machined, printed, stamped, forged, and cast components and assemblies. You will play a key role in both R&D and product development for next generation sensors and navigation systems.
Engineering opportunities exist at multiple experience levels.
You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment while contributing to innovative solutions, demonstrating personal leadership, technical competence, and attention to detail.
- The Candidate should have a B.S. or M.S. with 5 to 25 years of industry experience, having a primary background in mechanical engineering, with extensive experience in design of components and assemblies.
- Experience is required with fabrication and sourcing of machines, jigs and fixtures, waterproof seals, machining, cold forming, screw machining, 3D printing, laser cutting, injection molding, casting, deep drawing, wire forming, spring winding, stamping, cleaning, plating, anodizing, and painting of mechanical parts.
- The Candidate should have proficiency in vendor identification, qualification, relationship management, quality management, price negotiation, overseas sourcing and logistics.
- Skills required: SOLIDWORKS
- Skills desired: FEA, ANSYS , physics, chemistry, electronics
- Design world-leading inertial sensor components, assemblies and housings.
- Work with manufacturing to create right-sized tools, jigs, fixtures and machines to support the high quality production of products.
- Identify, qualify and manage key suppliers for mechanical components.
- Update and modify parts, qualify vendors, and reduce cost for existing products after launch.
- Participate in root cause investigations, corrective actions, process improvements, product testing and qualification, and product improvement initiatives.
- Develop new and improve existing processes and procedures for new product introduction (NPI).
- Redesign exiting products to reduce cost and address shortcoming of existing designs.
About SignalQuest: Whit Kelley, CEO
At SignalQuest we have a focused, high performing team and a small-company environment well suited for those with personal drive and a desire to contribute to long term innovation. We believe in investing in our team members, empowering them to take personal responsibility for our direction and allowing them the room to create our future. This year we will make about 10 million electronic sensors in Lebanon NH, where our R&D, production, sales and management are located in a historic renovated brick mill building on the Mascoma River.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $185,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place