Chief Engineer - Grand Manan Adventure Ferry
Coastal Transport Limited is looking for a Full Time Chief Engineer to work on the M/V Grand Manan Adventure, operating on the Grand Manan Ferry Service, New Brunswick, Canada.
Schedule: Week on/Week Off
- Canadian Certificate of Competency: Minimum of 2nd. Class Motor, Unlimited.
- 1st. Class Motor Certificate of Competency, Unlimited, with current STCW endorsement.
- MED with respect to STCW Basic Safety
- MED in Advanced Fire Fighting
- MED for Senior Officers
- Propulsion Plant Simulator – Level II
- Marine First Aid
- Marine Advanced First Aid
- Confined Space Training
- Passenger Safety Management
- Specialized Passenger Safety Management (Ro-Ro Vessels)
- Supervisory Experience
- Experience working as a Chief Engineer on twin engine/twin screw vessels with 2,000 to 6,000 HP or more, with Medium Speed as a preference.
- Knowledge of fueling procedures and environmental impacts.
- Familiar with the operation and repair of medium speed diesel engines.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair various mechanical, electrical & hydraulic systems.
- Familiar with computerized ship preventive maintenance systems.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office software.
- Familiar with preparing detailed comprehensive incident reports.
- Familiarity with Watchkeeping procedures, paralleling generators, alarms & monitoring equipment.
- Familiar with preparation of Docking & Repair Specifications.
- Experience in supervising refits of ships.
- Familiar with the ISM code, Canada Labour Code and Marine Occupational Health and Safety Regulations (MOSH)
Preference may be given to persons living in the region.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $130,000.00 /year
- 1st or 2nd Class Motor (Canadian) (Preferred)