We have an immediate opening for a Network Engineer at Stennis Space Center in Mississippi. This Engineer will be responsible for architecting and implementing solutions that support the existing Cisco network infrastructure as we move towards Software Defined Network (SDN) leveraging Cisco ACI.
Essential Job Functions
- Understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals (e.g. DNS, FTP, SSH, ACL, VLAN, DMZ, BGP),general networking technologies, network architecture and connectivity troubleshooting
- Experience or exposure to a hosting providers, online services, or internet service provider environment is preferred. This time must include troubleshooting routing, switching, and load balancing in a complex networking environment. Cisco experience required. ACI Preferred.
- Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture
- Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Conducts testing of network systems. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Eight or more years of experience in networks, LAN/WAN or management information systems
- Experience working with network systems and networking principles, data, voice or video
- Must have knowledge in network and switching protocols
- Must be strong in firewalls and firewall rule contexts
- Must have strong knowledge in Cisco Nexus Operating System (NX-OS)
- Strong network performance modeling and benchmarking skills
- Strong communication skills to interact with team members, management, customers and support personnel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge on F5 Load Balancers
- Knowledge on WAN Optimization on VxLAN
- Software Defined Networks (SDN) Preferred
- Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) Certification Preferred
- CCNA/CCNP Preferred
Must be able to obtain a DHS HQ EOD