Crider Foods is a Marketer and Processor of shelf stable and fully cooked products for customers around the globe. We are the market leader in canned chicken as well as a major producer of canned turkey, ham, pork, and beef. Crider diligently expands to meet the needs of its customers. We have invested in a state-of-the-art plant for frozen-fully cooked products as well as expanded our canning operation and warehousing to keep ahead of our growth.
Responsible for developing, implementing and sustaining operations-focused continuous improvement (CI) in all areas of the plant. While this can include production standards, preventative maintenance activities, projected manpower requirements, business/cost impacts and plant layout.
This position is instrumental in improving the increasing production capacity, reducing cost, improving equipment and people performance and ensuring an ergonomically friendly work environment.
- Crider, Inc. requires all employees to comply with and support all Food Safety and Quality policies, programs and procedures to insure our products meet and exceed consumers’ expectation
- Significant focus will be on improving equipment uptime and throughput capacity through preventative maintenance activities (PMs) and PM systems improvements
- Design, develop and implement improvements in processes for operations and Kaizen/CI project development for cost effective/cost reduction opportunities
· Supports Safe/Quality food requirements and HACCP programs
· Provides technical support for improvement to operations process systems and controls
- Scope of job can expand into raw material inventory, finished goods inventory, line takt time and general operations performance improvement
- Interface and work with operations, maintenance, engineering, purchasing and accounting groups as needed to accomplish and sustain implemented improvements
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree, Industrial Engineering, Process Engineering and or equivalent
- Related work experience in a meat or food production environment is a plus
- Experience in time studies, Lean, Six Sigma, DMAIC, Kaizens a plus
- Effective communication and analytical skills
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office programs such as Visio, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, and Access. Minitab and statistical software experience a plus
- The ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities; manage expectations throughout different levels of the organization
- Technical skills related to manufacturing processes and process improvement including automation, layouts and packaging technologies
- 3-5 years hand on experience required
Preferred Relevant Skills and Experience
· Manufacturing understanding in order to prioritize events
· Experience with job studies and task analysis
· Strong problem solving and decision making skills
· Ability to work with many levels of supervisory and management personnel
Physical Demands and Work Environment
· Work Demands: Employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with arms, climb stairs/ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. Lifting occasionally of up to 50 pounds is required. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level at work is can vary from quiet to loud.
· Work hours may include weekends and overtime; this position is on call 24 hours a day.
· 8-12 hours per day, weekends as needed
· Environment Temperature: 50°F - 100°F
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CRIDER Foods, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CRIDER Foods, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Day shift