Position Overview: Responsible for the general maintenance of the building.
Essential Job Functions:
- Change, replace, install equipment including, but not limited to, toilet seats, toilet bowls, water tanks, doors, hinges, stops, knobs, locks, fuses, circuit breakers, light bulbs, switches and outlet plates as required
- Perform minor repairs to electrical, plumbing, carpentry or paint work, including but not limited to faucets, shower heads, pipe sections, desk chairs, beds, headboards, dressers, shelves, window tracks, window shades, ceiling tiles, wallboard, vacuum cleaners, hair dryers, kitchen equipment, washing machines and TV sets as needed
- Ensure TV and movie boxes and all electrical circuits are in good working order
- Ensure proper placement of and sufficient power to sound and lighting equipment in all areas.
- Clean and prepare surfaces to be painted or papered. Ensure proper use of brushes and paints
- Patch holes and cracks in walls, replace tiles, ceilings and floors
- Maintain and clean all equipment used in electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, paint and work areas.
- Operate trash compactor in safe and correct manner, and recycling system
- Rotate trash containers to ensure disposal of trash each day and recycling system.
- Separate trash for recycling purposes in accordance with government standards
- Interact in a courteous and professional manner with all guest and staff
- Maintain safety and cleanliness of work area. Use PPE as needed.
- Attend departmental meetings as required
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- The employee is expected to work in other areas of the property when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description.
Qualifications, Job knowledge, Experience, Skills, Abilities:
- College degree or Technical school graduate preferred
- General knowledge of skilled trades such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and carpentry
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, i.e. blueprints and mechanical drawings and mechanical maintenance instructions
- Ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, effectively with guests/co-workers; respond to guest/employee requests, with high level of patience, diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to work under time pressures and extensive hours.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Good computer skills preferred; Ability to use Excel
- Ability to stand and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift
- Maintains professionalism at all times, demonstrating courtesy and respect to guests, employees and co-workers
Physical requirements of the position and work environment:
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit
- Must be able to bend, stoop, crouch
- Must use hands to reach, grasp, handle, pull and push
- Must use hands to perform mechanical maintenance tasks, handle or feel objects, tools, and controls
- The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms and to climb on scaffolds and ladders
- The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs., and to move objects up to 100 lbs.
- Must have good near and far vision
- Must be able to hear, talk, smell
- Duties may be performed indoors/outdoors. May experience high noise level.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- General Facilities Maintenance: 5 years (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location