Powin Energy Corporation is a market leading supplier of utility-scale modular battery energy storage systems (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). Powin has distinct competitive advantages in the exponentially expanding energy storage sector: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deployability; and operational sophistication. These advantages position Powin as a market leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications. Additionally, Powin’s system is engineered for either indoor or outdoor installations and maximizes energy density while minimizing the system’s footprint.
Powin’s Hardware Engineering team is seeking a self-starting, compliance engineer with experience managing certification projects and compliance lifecycle management, preferably with electrical and functional safety certification project experience. This position will manage all certification efforts, creation and maintenance of technical files, process improvement documentation and generate project design requirements to meet required certifications. Position will be responsible for keeping Powin’s product certification up to date and applicable to the locations and needs of our end markets. A strong candidate will have experience working collaboratively with engineering, product and management teams. Strong project management skills are a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Determine applicable standards for our products
- Create requirements for design projects to meet certification needs.
- Participate in specification and design reviews to ensure designs will meet necessary certification requirements
- Generation of documentation to support certification
- Manage certification projects with 3rd party test houses
- Ability to work in a fast paced, startup style environment
- Review and understand technical drawings and requirements
- Support creation of FMEA, FTA and hazards analysis documentation
- Experience with local and international codes and standards applicable to electrical design including but not limited to; NFPA, NEMA, UL, CSA, IEC, EN.
- Experience with CE certification and declarations of conformance
- Create and manage technical files for all projects
- Arrange and oversee testing locally and using external labs internationally as necessary to meet compliance needs
- Responsible for process documentation to meet company and ISO needs
- Provide guidance for mechanical and electrical design teams locally and in China with respect to compliance needs
- Ability to solve problems independently and manage the workload of multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to work cross functionally, conveying concepts to others with different backgrounds/degrees.
- Flexible with design iterations and changes in direction.
- Attention to detail.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Engineering Degree or related experience
- 5-7 years of industry experience running compliance projects
- Electrical and functional safety certification experience preferred
· CAD experience for reviewing designs for compliance needs
· Proficient with Microsoft office programs.
Job Type: Full-time
- United States (Preferred)