- Have demonstrated experience performing civil and structural design/analyses in a broad range of petrochemical applications.
- Competent in the design of various materials including structural steel, reinforced concrete, concrete slabs, footings, drilled shafts and/or piling.
- Have a passion for problem-solving and capable of applying structural engineering concepts and analysis techniques to solve complex design problems.
- Be familiar with and have extensive experience using structural analysis software (STAAD Pro) as well as connection/component design software.
- Be familiar with and have demonstrated experience with applicable design codes and standards used in the petrochemical industry such as: AISC, ACI, ASCE, PIPs, OSHA & NFPA.
- Able to work well alongside other civil/structural engineers and designers with minimal daily supervision. Must be able to self-determine the necessary daily activities to complete the design work within the project schedule and budget.
- Able to become familiar with project scope and design criteria upon assignment to a project team.
- Able to effectively communicate designs to the designer/drafting team and ensure that they are implemented properly in the 3D model as well as design drawings.
- Be willing and motivated to assume design responsibility for design of new structures involving heavy equipment and piping loads.
- Relevant experience gathering field data at petrochemical plant sites, and familiar with standard industrial site safety procedures
- B.S or M.S in Civil Engineering
- 7 to 12 years of relevant experience working as a civil/structural engineer
- Licensed P.E. in Louisiana or another Gulf Coast state with reciprocity, or working towards immediate licensure
- Willing to travel periodically to various petrochemical plant sites to gather field data
- Possess OSHA Basic Safety Training certification or eligible to obtain the same
- TWIC Card (preferred but not required), but eligible to obtain the same
- Preferred candidate will be local to the Baton Rouge/Livingston/Ascension parish area.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Civil/Structural: 7 years (Preferred)
- STAAD Pro: 7 years (Preferred)
- A valid PE license (Preferred)