MRB Structures Engineer- Engineer II
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 18 months general engineering experience at a recognized Aerospace manufacturer.
- Experience with or exposure to MRB Engineering process considered a plus.
- Candidate should have interest in repairing and designing aircraft structures, including performing basic stress calculations.
- Experience should be in a Production and/or schedule-driven environment..
- Strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be computer literate (such as, but not limited to: Catia V5, Solumina, SmarTeam, Word, Excel)
- 1st shift work week. Occasional weekends expected.
Bachelor's Degree Engineering or a related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job. 18 months related Engineering experience. Experience credit will be considered for related advance degrees limited to 2 years for Master's and 4 years for PhD in field applicable to the job position.
Position Purpose :
Performs engineering work related to the investigation and the solution of technical problems associated with research, design, development, service and manufacture of Gulfstream aircraft.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Solves typical engineering problems within assigned discipline 2. Provides technical assistance to engineering staff and contributes to completion of project milestones 3. Responsible for a complex engineering assignment, or a full project of lesser complexity 4. Follows established schedules while developing plans for engineering assignments 5. Obtains appropriate level of supervisor approvals for work accuracy and adequacy 6. Proficiently applies company/organization policies and procedures
1. Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements 2. Maintains a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments and application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise Perform other duties as assigned.
1. The level of technical skills and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.
2. Applies knowledge to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, using a combination of judgment with defined practices and procedures.
3. Failure to achieve results, or erroneous decisions or recommendations, may cause delays in program schedules and/or allocation of additional resources.
4. Ability to convey technical concepts in both written and verbal formats.
5. Contacts are primarily within the organization, with occasional customer contacts on routine issues.
6. Works under general supervision for routine tasks of minor complexity.
7. With supervision/mentorship, can coordinate the activities for lower level engineering staff.