The IT Application Engineer position will be responsible for analyzing, implementing, and supporting MES solutions with focus on Quality systems (laboratory, data historians, recipes...) including their interfaces (L2 and L4). This position is part of a global team to support Sappi's production locations in North America, Europe and South Africa. This position will provide in-depth knowledge of business and IT related processes and are able to give user support for MES applications as part of a global team. Application management (incident, change, problem & release management) for these applications is a core responsibility. This includes duty guard service (24/7 on-call support) for MES applications, as assigned.
The main areas of responsibility are:
- Application software management
- System implementation and exploitation
- Problem solving / user advice
- Project management
- Relationship management
- Continuous Improvement projects, optimization & innovation
- University degree (Bachelors, Masters) in Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- 2-5 years’ experience with MES applications.
- Knowledge in databases and in application development such as Oracle, PL/SQL, 4GL, C, Java, .NET Core, HTML5 would be an asset.
- Knowledge in data historians, preferably OSI-PI and PI AF, ABB Ability, Proficy and/or Majiq/Elixir would be benefitical.
- Ability to multitask and manage workload with minimal supervision.
- Ability to train people.
- Multi-cultural experience is preferred.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally (North America / Europe / South Africa)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Multiple Locations