We are looking for a Senior Business / Engineer Analyst to join our Software Team in Houston.
Two types of candidates would be considered:
1. A Petroleum, Production, or Reservoir Engineer looking to get into the Information technology/software engineering space as a Business Analyst with some understanding of software development life cycle.
2. A Business Analyst with experience in the Oil & Gas space, Background/knowledge in Fracture Engineering/ Hydraulic fracturing, Reservoir Engineering, Stimulation, and/or Well Production
1. The Business / Engineer Analyst, is the primary liaison between the Software Development Team, Product Service Line Account Team, and the end users (Engineers).
2. Partner with key users, business leads, and project sponsors to understand the needs of the business, document them (via product backlog with features and user stories, use cases and process diagrams)
3. Support to translate business requirements into both technical and functional specifications for the Development Team – these documents will be leveraged by the development of in-house software and applications.
4. Update product backlog continuously – with requirements updates and user acceptance criteria
5. Interface with technology teams during development to validate the solution against the requirements
6. Perform post deployment evaluations to determine necessary adjustments and enhancement to solution
7. Liaison with business users and development/support teams to resolve issues that arise during development
8. Validate requirements are satisfied by managing user acceptance testing, training users during acceptance testing, and sign-offs
9. Acquire and/or create test data and business process scenarios
10. Review/QA applications prior to submission for acceptance
11. Maintain constant and consistent feedback with stakeholders on the progress of requirements and delivery of requirements.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $65.00 to $85.00 /hour