Who We Are
Thompson Pipe Group is a privately held family business of engineers, contractors, and manufacturers based in Rialto, California. From our humble beginnings, we built a family of products to the needs of all kinds of infrastructure. Each generation of products is better than the previous.
Thompson Pipe Group is now the largest and most diverse drainage, sanitary, pressure and trench-less pipe provider, with manufacturing locations across the country and serving, not just the US but all of North America. Please visit our website at www.thompsonpipegroup.com
The Precast Engineer is responsible for design and certification of precast concrete products including Reinforced Concrete Pipe, Box Culvert and precast structures. The role will drive technical sales, marketing and promotion for the product line throughout the North Texas area. A civil engineer with strong problem-solving skills, product design and will provide regulatory focus, technical knowledge and consultative solution development to owners, engineers, and contractors in the civil infrastructure construction industry.
Role and Responsibilities
Manages and Leads a team.
· Ability to thoroughly and accurately complete design calculations for the design of precast concrete products.
· Provide design calculations for engineered precast concrete utility structures
· Provide technical assistance to sales, pipeline layout coordinators and estimators
· Participates in industry trade and technical associations, i.e.: TCPA, ACPA, NCPA, etc.
· Review technical specifications
· Monitors plans and specifications as they are developed, promoting the competitive design methodology and use of TPG products
· Conduct presentations to municipal owners and consulting engineers focusing on products, applications, and specifications.
· Conduct training sessions for business development managers and sales representatives
· Coordinate and conduct technical sales presentations (Lunch & Learns) aimed at developing and expanding specifications and sales for engineered piping systems.
· Understand the competitive position vs. alternative products’ offering, educates and trains owners/engineers/contractors on advantages (fully installed & lifetime operating) of TPG piping product for their applications.
· BS in Civil Engineering required, or related engineering degree required;
· P.E. registration
· 5+ years of industry experience preferred;
· Utility engineering and construction industry experience;
· Proficiency with CAD software.
· Ability to communicate technical information, concepts and applications using consultative marketing skills in both a one on one environment and a public speaking environment;
· Strong business development, presentation, and negotiation skills preferred;
· Excellent computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office Suite and CRMs preferred;
Must have a valid Driver’s License;
What We Offer:
· Top-tier Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
· Life and Supplement Life
· Company Matched 401K Retirement Plan
· Paid Holidays
· Fun Events
· Training and Development
· Employee Discounts
· Career Opportunity!
Currently accepting applications in office, Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Our location 800 County Road 209, Alvarado, TX 76009
*Must pass pre-employment physical and alcohol/drug testing
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EOE/AA – M/F/Vet/Disability
Thompson Pipe Group – Dallas is an Equal Opportunity Employee
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
An Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer that welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Drug free workplace.
Based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Office: 5 years (Required)
- Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- AutoCAD: 5 years (Required)
- Business Development: 5 years (Required)
- Public Speaking: 5 years (Required)
- Construction Industry: 5 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Professional Engineer (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off