You’re not likely to find another company like Vermeer. Our people are from all walks of life in locations around the world, rolling up our sleeves and getting tough work done every day. Together. We’re a family-owned and operated company with an unmatched culture, one that is built on the belief that every Vermeer team member has real, personal impact – on our people, our customers and our world. Whoever you are and where you are in your career, Vermeer helps you be Equipped to Do More®.
1 - First ShiftThe Senior Data Engineer develops and operates data processing solutions to support large and complex use cases throughout the enterprise. This position cleans, transforms, aggregates, and organizes data. The Senior Data Engineer builds robust, fault-tolerant data pipelines that collect and deliver data to distributed systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Demonstrate the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused, and stewardship and model the associated behaviors.
2. Design and implement data ingestion techniques for real time and batch processes for structured and unstructured data sources.
3. Understand complex business requirements and create end-to-end and enterprise information architecture solutions.
4. Establish best practices and security standards for all data, including personally identifiable data.
5. Ensure solutions adhere and conform to business requirements, data integrity standards, and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
6. Design processes to determine if the data received from the upstream systems is of good quality.
7. Ability to work in an Agile project methodology. Provide recommendations on solution designs and capabilities.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Engineering, Data Science, Informatics, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years' data integration experience required.
- Master’s degree is a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Expert in relational databases, SQL queries, relational and dimensional data modeling, and data warehouses.
- Ability to use and create web services and other integration technologies (REST, XML/JSON, SOAP, .NET).
- Strong attention to detail with a desire to create and rapidly prototype solutions.
- Proven ability to deliver creative solutions to complex business problems.
- Ability to be highly adaptable, a fast learner, and resourceful.
- Demonstration of good verbal and written communication skills, to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Demonstration of excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with diverse personalities.
- Demonstration of self-initiative with the ability to execute tasks with minimal supervision.
Up to 5% domestic and/or international travel by car or plane may be required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Team Member Solutions in human resources at (641) 621-8767 or at email@example.com.