Headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Focus on the Family has nearly 600 employees who work to achieve the mission of enriching the lives of families, engaging the culture, advocating for life and spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The work is meaningful, the culture is rewarding, and the purpose is eternal.
What you would be a part of:
As a Full Stack Developer, you understand that digital products and integrations are a craft. You get to create, maintain, and enhance an integration layer between our external sites and internal backend systems alongside an Agile development team.
What a day in the life looks like:
What makes you a good fit for the role:
- Develop/enhance/maintain integrations, applications (web-based, mobile and IoT) and websites
- Automate the build-test-release process to deliver value faster and more reliably
- Build secure, performant, reusable and maintainable code; organize code libraries for future use
- Manage technical aspects of Focus on the Family’s digital properties, including writing, testing, and releasing code
- Address issues such as application security, application performance, small enhancements and bug fixes
- Deliver secure, performant solutions
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Science
- You have 2-4 years of overall software development experience
- You have a basic proficiency in:
PHP, C#, .Net, NodeJS, AngularJS, React, Swift, Java, etc.
Source code control (Git preferred)
SQL and relational databases
What makes you a good fit for Focus on the Family:
- You have Agile experience
- You preferably have experience with WordPress plugin and integration-level development
- You exemplify Ephesians 5:1-2, “Therefore be imitators of God as dear children and walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us...”
- You pursue the Great Commission given by Jesus Christ in Matthew 28:19-20, “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
- You are a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintain a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Focus; adhere to the Standard of Moral Conduct and Statement of Faith
- You uphold Focus on the Family's ministry in prayer, pray personally for Focus on the Family’s staff and constituents and may occasionally lead in a public prayer
- You engage in Christian ministry and demonstrate behaviors aligned with FOF core values
This job posting serves as an overview. A complete job description will be provided prior to an interview.
Helping Families Thrive! Focus on the Family is a 501c3 Christian Non-Profit Ministry.