Established in 2010, SWORD International is a veteran owned and staffed warfighter solutions company. Our primary mission is to ensure the next-generation Warfighter maintains dominance on the battlefield by providing an insurmountable overmatch capability in lethal competitions with adversaries. We accomplish this goal by capturing the experience of veteran warfighters and transferring their hard-earned knowledge and skills into cutting edge training and lethal systems for those that defend freedom worldwide.
The purpose of SWORD International is to develop and deliver innovative solutions to emerging problems in the areas of small arms, air-delivery and airborne mission support, purpose built tactical communications, and unmanned systems lethality integration. We achieve this purpose through extensive research and development, field evaluation, manufacturing, assembly, and final delivery.
The Firearms Engineer/Production Engineer is responsible for devising how firearms and their components are manufactured. The Firearms Engineer/Production Engineer will work closely with the Engineering Director and the Manufacturing Supervisor to determine which machines will be used to make each product and how to improve the process to be efficient as possible. This individual works closely with the Engineering Director and helps devise a plan and makes suggestions on how to achieve the desired finished product.
The Firearms Engineer/Production Engineer is expected to:
· Embody the company’s standards with respect to discipline, quality, punctuality, and safety, and to enforce those standards with subordinates
· As a member of leadership, the Firearms Engineer/Production Engineer is expected to be on call and work occasional weekends and overtime to support the mission.
· Expected to stay abreast of new and best practices in the industry to help foster a continuous improvement environment.
· Possess leadership skills and be self-performing with a drive to strive for quality.
· Expected to comply with all company policies, procedures, and safety requirements.
The Firearms Engineer/Production Engineer oversees the manufacturing process throughout the entirety of its lifecycle. They are responsible for training workers in the responsible use of machinery, identifying problems in the production line, troubleshooting equipment, and completing various administrative tasks.
- Specific Responsibilities: *
· Reviews existing processes and develops a strategy to improve efficiency, increase productivity and reduce costs.
· Analyzing all facets of production, develop safety protocols, making recommendations for improvement, and report issues to the Operations Director and Manufacturing Manager.
· Liaising with the Operations Director and Manufacturing Manager to develop plans that improve production, costs, and labor required.
· Diagnosing problems in the production line and providing recommendations and training.
· Keeping abreast of advancements in engineering and production and sharing knowledge with co-workers.
· Identifying, documenting (in the lessons learned register), and reporting unsafe practices. Plan, design, and build fixturing for manufacturing operations.
· Work with the Operations Director and Manufacturing Manager to plan and execute new process integration for new parts, engineering changes, and R&D components.
· Assist in drawing up production schedules and budgets for projects.
· Other tasks as directed by the leadership team.
· Fusion 360
· Part Maker
· Microsoft 365: Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and Planner
· Firearms experience preferred
· Eligible to work in the U.S.
· 3-5 years of engineering experience with AR 15 and AR 10 style platforms
· Able to pass a background check and work in a drug free environment
· B.A. or B.S. in Engineering (System, Mechanical, or related field) and/or Engineering certification through ACE or a comparable accredited program
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Engineering with AR 15 and AR 10 style platforms: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location