25 Amica Way
Lincoln, RI 02865
Amica is embarking on an extensive program of innovative digital transformation. In the spirit of redefining excellence in customer experiences, we are looking for driven, team players to embrace our user-centric vision and help facilitate change across the enterprise. This unique opportunity provides a way to be a key creative influencer for multiple projects and initiatives.
As a UX Designer, you'll drive a collaborative and iterative process of discovery and implementation, using a variety of graphics applications in conjunction with UX design and research techniques. You will work with team members from a variety of disciplines, including developers, researchers and subject matter experts, as well as business stakeholders.
Working in an Agile environment, you'll collaborate closely with your team to understand project requirements, customer pain points and user insights to help define a product vision that supports Amica's strategic plan to create peace of mind and build enduring relationships.
- Lead end-to-end design efforts of small and medium size and complexity, from research and concept through launch.
- Research emerging web- and app-based technologies and trends, including user interface and interaction design, as well as usability best practices.
- Monitor both Amica and competitor online activities to suggest enhancements, and use data to inform design choices.
- Provide persuasive, user-centered insight into team deliverables based on data, best practices and research, ensuring the customer experience is prioritized throughout the life of the project.
- Investigate users' interactions with the current application, which may include facilitating usability studies.
- Create design deliverables adhering to corporate style and branding guidelines.
- Conduct effective, proactive and professional communications, escalating issues appropriately.
- Assist in mentoring and providing guidance and direction to design team members, which may include task assignment and oversight of the design team's work product.
- Contribute to emerging design team processes and deliverables, including development of user experience standards.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues, vendors, business stakeholders, engineers, analysts and other Agile team members.
Perks and Benefits:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and three-plus years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job
- Working knowledge and understanding of user-centered design concepts and best practices
- Proficiency in tools associated with web design work
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop and foster business relationships
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to quickly organize and manage multiple efforts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of WCAG accessibility best practices is a plus
Equal Opportunity Policy:
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
- Generous leave programs, including paid parental bonding leave
- Medical, dental, vision coverage, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
- Generous retirement benefits
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing company
All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability or sexual orientation. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.