Senior Civil Engineer
Horizons Engineering Inc is a growing Civil, Environmental and Structural Engineering and Land Surveying firm with 8 offices locations across New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine.
Horizons has an immediate opening for an experienced engineer to support our growing company. This position will assist project managers and other members of our team with civil engineering design and permitting of municipal, residential, commercial and institutional projects.
Our staff at Horizons is a close‐knit group of hard‐working individuals that value client service, design innovation, and a no‐nonsense approach. The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic, desire to learn, and interest in working on a wide range of civil engineering projects throughout northern New England.
We are looking for a civil engineer with at least ten years of design experience, preferably in New Hampshire or Vermont with a PE license.
Essential Job Duties:
- Civil Engineering design of municipal, commercial, residential and institutional projects including site design and permitting
- CAD Design work
- Prepare reports and permit applications related to civil engineering projects
- Design various civil engineering related projects including drinking water treatment, distribution, and storage, wastewater collection, road and drainage improvements
- Construction Services Assistance
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science (Masters preferred) in civil engineering or related field;
- 10 years of professional experience in the practice of civil engineering in northern New England or similar setting;
- NH EIT license is required, NH and/or VT PE License is preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD design software including Civil3D;
- Technical experience in water and wastewater infrastructure, stormwater, and site design and permitting in New Hampshire or similar regulatory environment;
- Sound understanding of civil engineering fundamentals including stormwater/drainage design, surface water hydraulics, water and sewer systems and roadway/parking design
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to complete field work including carrying equipment and walking undeveloped sites
- Competitive salary and insurance benefits including health, dental, and life
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Company 401k
- Continuing education support
- Supportive work environment with ample opportunity for career advancement
Interested Candidates should forward a resume and cover letter to:
Horizons Engineering, Inc.
Attn: Human Resource Manager
34 School Street
Littleton, NH 03561
Or via email
Horizons Engineering, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information on our firm check us out at www.horizonsengineering.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $72,000.00 - $112,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- What location are you interested in working out of?
- Civil engineering: 10 years (Preferred)
- CAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations