Drilling Fluids Engineer
- $16 -$20 per Hour / W2 position
- Main worksite is listed as PA however candidates might be working in WV, or OH depending on where the need is.
- 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. 14-18 hours/day
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of colloidal and general chemistry, volume and hydraulics calculations and routine and specialized testing to varied field experiences.
- Provides guidance, including facilitating formal training, to fluid service representatives on company products and services, how drilling fluid technology can optimize service quality, industry knowledge, rig schedules, and rig operations.
- Conducts and interprets routine and specialized testing that provide technical guidance of Baroid customized engineering fluids to maximize wellbore value.
- Tracks material usage and maintains record of same for inventory and billing purposes.
- Maintains good working relationship with operator's representative and rig personnel.
- Assists the operator's representative in specific operations planning and drilling operation optimization.
- Assists the Baroid Technical Professional and Operations staff in well planning and business delivery activities.
- Reviews well recaps for accuracy and capture of lessons learned.
- Takes an active role in mentoring Field Service Representatives.
- Complies with health, safety and environment regulations in all aspects of job performance.
- Minimum requirements are a H.S. Diploma, completed mud training
- 5 years in fluid services. Completion of an undergraduate degree in any discipline is preferred. Mud Training Required.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road