Steel Equipment Specialists has an immediate need for a hands-on Senior Project Manager. The successful candidate should have some industry knowledge of steel mill equipment and processes.
Duties include but not limited to,
· Manage projects successfully by obtaining the required quality, delivery, and profitability targets
· Great verbal and written communication with customers and our vendors
· Working well in a team environment with mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical counterparts. Manage a project team consisting of 5-10 direct reports
· Ability to manage multiple projects well simultaneously
· Working well with our in-house manufacturing
· Hands on trouble shooting at our in-house manufacturing facilities
· Field/commissioning work at customer’s site. Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications. Traveling required.
· Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
· Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
· Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
· Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
· Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions
· Effective communication skills, both written and spoken
· Computer aptitude, familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite software
· Good understanding of the manufacturing process; machining, fabrication, and assembly
· 3-D design experience. ACAD experience a plus
· Good understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
· Ability to work in a fast paced-customer focused environment
The position requires a minimum of a four-year B.S. Mechanical Engineering. Minimum 5 years project management experience, preferably in the metals industry on heavy equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement